Author Topic: Migrating from 2.2 guide/scripts?  (Read 1043 times)

ZenDragon

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Migrating from 2.2 guide/scripts?
« on: May 09, 2014, 03:14:54 pm »
I'm still running 2.2, but would like to upgrade, finally. Yes I realize I'm a little late to the party on this one, the little thing has just been humming away so perfectly for the last couple years that I had no reason to bother. I assume the old build is not getting any updates for the OpenSSL vulnerability, so its probably time to upgrade. Anyhow I did a quick search and ran across an old post in the Announcements forum with a link, supposedly going to the migration guide. However, that link seems to just go to the root of the wiki now, and I cant seem to find anything there.

I know I can re-install from scratch, but I have a whole bunch of stuff set up on there, including a CA and a VPN tunnel, a squid proxy, and a lot of custom firewall rules. I really do NOT want to have to re-create all that from scratch. So, does anybody know what happened to these docs and/or scripts? Or am I just out of luck on this one?

jbahillo

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Migrating from 2.2 guide/scripts?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 05:48:58 pm »
Hello:

First of all let me disadvise doin so. This requieres several inchained migrations, so chances that something go wrong are big.

For 2.2 to 3.0  there is a migration process where you can't migrate but you can import several settings: basicly firewall, objects and services. You could recover Ca and certs from /var/lib/zentyal/CA (thay are actually included in any configuration backup - but you won't be able to apply a conf backup between 2.2 and 3.0)

The URL is in here http://oldtracker.zentyal.org/wiki/Documentation/Community/Migrate_2.2_to_3.0 I think that URL's for scripts may be out of date but you should easily find the correct ones by browsing on Zentyal github repo
Then you would need to go from 3.0 to 3.2 which is  a migration in full sense (https://wiki.zentyal.org/wiki/Zentyal_3.2)