Author Topic: 3.4 can not unconfigure openchange - error  (Read 3078 times)

oofifay3koo

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
3.4 can not unconfigure openchange - error
« on: April 01, 2014, 10:12:54 am »
Background on my issue. I have a running DC on zentyal 3.3.. great . so it had problems with the email server, for somereason I was a newb, and I cant get it to work... No Problem..

here is the problem:

I installed the latest 3.4 on a new server, did LDAP replication and everything is fine..

I configured openchange with the existing mail organization that was somehow there from previous install on the other 3.3 server's LDAP. BUT I CAN NOT LOG IN WITH ANY PROVISIONED ACCOUTNS so i realized I should make a new organization, And I go ahead and try to unconfigure the setup. and i get this error :

Openchange cannot be deprovisioned:
params.c:pm_process() - Processing configuration file "/etc/samba/openchange.conf"
[!] Unable to unregister this server, it's being used for: handling 1 mailboxes

I need suggestions:
1. how do I remove the old organization from my directory
2. how to unconfigure the 3.4 and take care of that error message. AKA how to stop handling 1 mailbox

UPDATE(more info):
I try to hook the old server 3.3 back to the openchange organization and press setup and I get this error:
Error provisioninig: root command /opt/samba4/sbin/openchange_provision --openchangedb --firstorg='Frappon Organization' failed. Error output: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/samba4/sbin/openchange_provision", line 101, in openchange.openchangedb_provision(provisionnames, lp) File "/opt/samba4/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openchange/provision.py", line 751, in openchangedb_provision openchange_ldb.setup() File "/opt/samba4/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openchange/mailbox.py", line 66, in setup """) File "/opt/samba4/lib/python2.7/site-packages/samba/__init__.py", line 224, in add_ldif self.add(msg, controls) _ldb.LdbError: (68, 'Entry @OPTIONS already exists') Command output: Setting up openchange db . Exit value: 1

i hope this helps the more info the merrier i guess  :'(
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 10:28:55 am by oofifay3koo »

oofifay3koo

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: 3.4 can not unconfigure openchange - error
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 03:10:07 am »
Ok here is how I got it to be unconfigured for the other organization that is corrupt originally on the 3.3 server but now also on the 3.4.

steps:

sudo /usr/share/zentyal/unconfigure-module openchange
sudo apt-get remove --purge zentyal-openchange
sudo reboot
sudo apt-get autoremove --purge
sudo reboot
sudo apt-get -f install

then installed the openchange module again from zentyal module portal

its now running but I am still at the problem with openchange not recognizing the username and password

I installed the user's corner just to make sure I am not typing things in incorrectly and for sure the user corner works fine.. But the openchange login is broken!!!

ERROR messsage Wrong username or password.

I even provisioned a new account and yes the openchange checkbox is checked int he user template.

HELP!!

UPDATE I FOUND THE PROBLEMMMMMM!!!!

Guys this is a bug in the openchange implementation ... the web client is only looking for users in the default user group!!

Not a huge bug but it means I cant have users in any other OU! I have fully tested it out btw, I have QA experience! :)~