Author Topic: SOLVED Roundcube Connection to storage failed  (Read 9834 times)

jodel

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
SOLVED Roundcube Connection to storage failed
« on: March 20, 2014, 09:20:37 pm »
Hi,
I have a new clean install of Zentyal 3.4 I have openchange, mail and both webmail (Roundcube) and openchange (SoGo) webmail installed.  Everyting except Roundcube is working perfectly.  Roundcube gives the error "connection to storage failed" , under the login window.   The error log shows:

"IMAP Error: Login failed for john from 127.0.0.1(X-Forwarded-For: 127.0.0.1). LOGIN: Plaintext authentication not allowed without SSL/TLS, but your client did it anyway. If anyone was listening, the password was exposed. in /usr/share/roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_imap.php on line 184 (POST /webmail/?_task=login&_action=login" 

There are also numerous PHP errors saying failure to load plugins related to contacts and calenders and also:

PHP Error: Failed to load plugin file /var/lib/roundcube/plugins/zentyal_oc_login/zentyal_oc_login.php in /usr/share/roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_plugin_api.php on line 223 (POST /webmail/?_task=login&_action=login)

I have checked that   innodb=on    In /etc/mysql/conf.d/zentyal.cnf
Also I have deleted the roundcube SQL database and re installed the roundcube module.

Any ideas as to how to fix the problem?
Jodel

« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 10:01:20 pm by jodel »

jodel

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
Re: SOLVED Roundcube Connection to storage failed
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 10:04:27 pm »
Problem Solved.  I did two things, set up Certification Authority and enabled the certs for the listed services including mail etc and also rebooted.
Don' t know which worked! but all OK now
Jodel

jbahillo

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 09:59:52 am »
Hello:

It seems that as long as you had not created a CA, the mail service could not start IMAPS and /or POPS. Finding this roudcube seems to have tried authing through unsecured (not SSl'ed) IMAP which is not allowed as default to avoid plain text password circulating over the network.

As you said, once you have created the CA, the SSL'ed services were able to start, and so the issue has been fixed ;)

figarocorso

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Personal Site
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 01:36:10 pm »
Hi,
I have a new clean install of Zentyal 3.4 I have openchange, mail and both webmail (Roundcube) and openchange (SoGo) webmail installed.  Everyting except Roundcube is working perfectly.  Roundcube gives the error "connection to storage failed" , under the login window.   The error log shows:

PHP Error: Failed to load plugin file /var/lib/roundcube/plugins/zentyal_oc_login/zentyal_oc_login.php in /usr/share/roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_plugin_api.php on line 223 (POST /webmail/?_task=login&_action=login)

About those errors, they should be fixed with zentyal-webmail 3.4.1. But those log outputs may come from the previous zentyal-webmail 3.4. Could you please check that there are now [no] errors?
Edit: I miss-read your post. Try to update to zentyal-webmail 3.4.1 so the errors would disappear.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 01:40:48 pm by miky_jr »
Miguel (Miky) Julián Ramos - Developer
Zentyal - Active Exchange
www.zentyal.com

figarocorso

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Personal Site
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2014, 03:28:50 pm »
"IMAP Error: Login failed for john from 127.0.0.1(X-Forwarded-For: 127.0.0.1). LOGIN: Plaintext authentication not allowed without SSL/TLS, but your client did it anyway. If anyone was listening, the password was exposed. in /usr/share/roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_imap.php on line 184 (POST /webmail/?_task=login&_action=login" 

About this issue, it could be great if you could give us some more details about your deployed scenario.

Regards,
Miguel (Miky) Julián Ramos - Developer
Zentyal - Active Exchange
www.zentyal.com