Author Topic: internal hostname not resolving  (Read 909 times)

chasama

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
internal hostname not resolving
« on: March 14, 2014, 06:32:48 pm »
Hello I have read a couple of youre Hostname issues. But or I dont understand the answer or I have another issue. First im on latest version of Zentyal, and have 2 conections frist one is the DHCP and second the internal network.

I can ping and send SNTP emails using the internal IP of the Zentyal Server and yes emails go throught no problem there. But I would like to use the Hostname instead of the IP.  I cant ping using hostname or email wont come through.

The other part of this issue is that Zentyal is my Mail linux server but all the network is surrounded on Wondows computers using Windows 2003 and 2008.

Question is how can I set in order to resolve the hostname on the internal network.

peterpugh

Re: internal hostname not resolving
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 06:40:17 pm »
Hi,

Zentyal puts so much into one easy box that there is a hell of a lot of complexity.

Best thing to start a post with is your core version and zentyal release and then the versions of the modules that you are using.

Much of this is the same but also there are bugs fixes and updates and the above really helps.

I have been doing some voluntary Beta testing in the Beta forum. Where I have attached logs or got the outputs from the command and pasted the results into a post.

I am sure someone will help you even without this but the more detail the easier it is.