Author Topic: 2 network 1 Domain  (Read 1384 times)

ifti

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
2 network 1 Domain
« on: November 17, 2013, 09:07:18 am »
Dear Sir, Here is my scenario, villa-1 (192.168.1.0/24) and villa-2 (192.168.20/24). I can ping 192.168.1.10 to 192.168.2.10 by static route.I want install and configure the LDAP server by 1 domain like as villa.com..is it possible? How ??
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 09:12:12 am by ifti »

christian

Re: 2 network 1 Domain
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 09:46:12 am »
What kind of "domain" are you referring to ?
- network domain ?
- Windows domain ?

In any case, sure you can install one Zentyal server that is accessed from 2 different network if this is your question (well, I'm not even sure I understand what you mean  :-[)

ifti

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 10:21:32 am »
I don't know what do you mean by network and windows domain. In my zentyal server, domain is villa.com and in windows 7, workgroup is villa.com.
So you told me that it's possible . Suppose , in 192.168.1.0/24, my zentyal server here. So in this network I just give dns server by zenter server's IP. I think here it will be done easily. And I want to connect on 192.168.2.0/24 by under workgroup villa.com and give dns by zentyal server's IP Could it works?

christian

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, 10:41:26 am »
Well, I don't know what villa-1 and villa-2 are but here is what you can do:

- using Zentyal as DHCP server, such design will need 2 different NIC, one for each network
- with static IP management, you can do almost whatever you want but you will need either to add virtual IP to Zentyal or adapt your netmask.

My feeling is that your question is not related to Zentyal features but rather basic network design. How to have 2 networks communicating ?
Will Zentyal be used as router between these 2 network ?

I also don't understand your point about DNS  :-[

So in this network I just give dns server by zentyal server's IP
Sure you can do this. Assuming routing is OK, Defining Zentyal as DNS for any of your network is always feasible and is not impacted by your domain (whatever meaning you have here) is. You may have to define network domain is Zentyal DNS, that's it  ;)

Instead of design, I would suggest that you rather describe what you intend to achieve in term of feature:
- file sharing across these 2 networks ?
- transparent routing ?
- network isolation ?
- shared DNS content ?
- something else ?

ifti

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013, 05:47:19 pm »
Thank you Cristian.

I want to know How to connect a network printer to the Zentyal server and get Windows 7 domain users to automatically map the network printer upon logon.

robb

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 07:12:31 pm »
What does sharing a networkprinter has to do with 2 different networks? You just can use Cups to share the networkprinter. What is the real problem because what you ask so far is not really a problem...

ifti

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2013, 04:34:19 pm »
I want to share home directory of users automatically also .how to do it ?

robb

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2013, 05:05:50 pm »
Can you explain please? Shared by and to who?
What directory of users do you want to share? I thought this was shared by default when creating a user with homedirectory.
IMO it is not recommended to share HOME directories to other users than the 'owner' of the HOME directory. If you need to share directories to a group users, just create a group and a share and create an ACL for that share so all members of the group can access the share.
If you want to map the share at login, create a script that maps the share and runs at login.

ifti

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2013, 05:15:28 pm »
 i want to map the share at login, create a script that maps the share and runs at login. could you please tell me details and how to do it?

robb

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2013, 06:00:27 pm »
WHAT share do you want to map at login? Because the homedir (h:) is mapped by file sharing module (see attachment)

If you want to share other shares than homedir, I recommend to FIRST start reading on scripting like kixtart (http://www.kixtart.org/) or Powershell (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-US/scriptcenter/dd742419.aspx)
There are probably many more scripting tools. Just Google and learn. If you have a specific question, don't hesitate to ask, but it goes too far to expect we do your homework. (please show some effort so we stay motivated to help you too)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 06:08:15 pm by robb »

ifti

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2013, 06:32:31 pm »
Thank you. I think it will be clear for me. Is it possible, all users of home folder see together in zentyal server ?
I will learn script and give you feedback

ifti

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2013, 07:15:24 am »
Please see the attachments, in capture1, I shared 3 directories and which I have done. in capture2, which is my requirement. here home directories all user's home folder and netlogon are here.so how can I do it ?

robb

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2013, 01:41:39 pm »
Have a look here: https://github.com/kernevil/samba4/blob/master/examples/smb.conf.default
It should clarify some of your questions about netlogon and home directories with Samba4

ifti

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2013, 07:29:37 am »
Thank you Robb. I got it . but I have a problem in home folder. when I clicked home folder it shows windows cann't access.
my home folder configuration :
[homes]
comment = Home Directories
path = /home/%S
browseable = yes
valid users = %S
writable =yes

How can I access?

Another question: netlogon folder is under sysvol directory.right?