Author Topic: Slow internet connection  (Read 1789 times)

yokobr

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Slow internet connection
« on: October 21, 2013, 02:36:30 pm »
Hi everybody,

I'm experiencing such a low speed (i mean not the speed itself, but it takes almost 10 seconds to start loading an webpage) after upgrading to Zentyal 3.2.
I've tryied disabling everything: antivirus, filters, traffic shapping, but even without the proxy it's still so slow.

christian

Re: Slow internet connection
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 03:23:48 pm »
Did you already run tools showing where time is spent (what response time is made of) ?

yokobr

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 04:07:29 pm »
Some webpages and repos doesn't even answer. And i've tryied opendns and google's dns. It was working fine before the update.

christian

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 04:28:49 pm »
Sorry for asking again but have you tried tools like developer tools on IE that is showing where response time is spent ?
You say you change for other DNS servers as if you were suspecting that issue is due to DNS. why not but unless you explain how your internal infrastructure works (in term of HTTP proxy and DNS) it will be quite difficult to help further.

yokobr

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2013, 08:10:05 pm »
The latency is between 160ms to 270ms... it's too damn high. Also, i can see that the proxy clients are going through the wrong gateway, and if i disable the muti-gateway/traffic balance options, the connection goes off :/
Idk what else can i do...
The dns servers are okay... i have opendns and google dns there.  :-[

robb

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2013, 08:29:55 pm »
You still didn't explain HOW your internal DNS and proxy config is... This is quite essential in order to track the origin of your problem.