Author Topic: 2 main problem why I still do not want 2 use ebox  (Read 1378 times)

sartic

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
2 main problem why I still do not want 2 use ebox
« on: August 24, 2009, 09:43:36 am »
I tried v0.9x... now I am testing 1.2
There r 2 main problem:
1. no fetchmail (webmin has it)
2. i can not see option how to enable pwd for file shares per user (it would be nice 2 have option unix pwd and custom)

javi

• Zen Hero
    • View Profile
Re: 2 main problem why I still do not want 2 use ebox
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 09:57:24 am »
Hi,

On the wishlist for a few years now. Believe or not, there are other things that have been more demanded and we gave them more priority. But it's still on our radar.

2. i can not see option how to enable pwd for file shares per user (it would be nice 2 have option unix pwd and custom)

Can you elaborate on the second point? I dont get it...

sartic

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 10:32:11 am »
Hi,

On the wishlist for a few years now. Believe or not, there are other things that have been more demanded and we gave them more priority. But it's still on our radar.

Can you elaborate on the second point? I dont get it...

1. Wrong decision. Only big and international companies do not fetch mail from external pop3 server.
Adding modules to this project can be pointless (example asterisk and jabber). I presume that all ebox see as soho and medium company solution? For big company u would have separate machines for all services. I do like this in my soho company (linux machines r today cheap)

2. Simple. You add user bush. Bush has folder to share on lan and i can not see option to give pwd to this share.

javi

• Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 10:44:39 am »

2. Simple. You add user bush. Bush has folder to share on lan and i can not see option to give pwd to this share.

I disagree with you here. You can easily create a share for both users in Samba->shares, which is way better than giving Ian access to  Bush's folder (home?!).

sartic

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 12:09:45 pm »

I disagree with you here. You can easily create a share for both users in Samba->shares, which is way better than giving Ian access to  Bush's folder (home?!).

Your right how you want to use your resources... ok. But I wan't to have option to lock shares of users width authorisation. Very usefull. I use to backup all files dayly.

dragonslayr

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 07:06:15 am »
I use rsync to back up the data. However, I use you could use scp for windows to accomplish this.