Author Topic: [solved] zentyal 3 just installed: boots to desktop without asking user/password  (Read 2589 times)

m.ardito

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Hi,

I just installed from ISO on physical minimal server, with md-raid 1, a small boot partition and lvm on top of the rest, with root and swap lvs.
I skipped packages install and updates (up to now it's a basic 3.0.16) as the server is not yet attached to network, so I work at the physical console, but it boots directly to the desktop, without asking passwords...

is this normal?!? how can I limit local login by asking usual user/passwords?

[edit]
btw,  /etc/lxdm/lxdm.conf has
#autologin dgod
(is commented)
[/edit]

[edit]
runlevel seems to be 2...
[/edit]
Marco

« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 02:32:12 pm by m.ardito »

m.ardito

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
now I configured the eth0 dhcp, rebooted...

runlevel still2
it boots at console, not gui!

can login and startx brings me lxdm...

?

I would like to automatically start lxdm but asking login/password...

Marco

m.ardito

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
...after a reboot or two, it seems to behave now...

Marco

Sam Graf

I have seen Zentyal 3.0 boot to the console pretty regularly (though always on first boot) but I haven't paid attention to where the boot ends up--at a login prompt or otherwise. That's kind of embarassing to admit.  :-[

But I have never seen Zentyal boot directly into the local desktop, without asking for credentials. The thought that that can somehow happen intermittently is a little spooky. Even those of us who appreciate and rely on the local desktop probably operate Zentyal servers headless under normal operations and wouldn't necessarily know that the machine was not secure after a reboot. :o

mariasam

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 08:38:09 am by mariasam »
maria