Author Topic: 1.2 broken pipes and uninitialized values during ebox-software  (Read 1972 times)

Sam Graf

Just a couple of FYIs:

* During my 1.2 tinkering I've manually run ebox-software a couple of times. When there are updates available, there is a long series of "broken pipe" errors, but I regret that I did not write down the path in the error. (If I reinstall again, I'll write down the last of the error messages since the first ones scroll off screen rapidly.)

* I did write down the following error: Use of uninitialized value in numeric eq (==) at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Software.pm line 428.

I can only speak for one cycle since I haven't had 1.2 running but about 24 hours, but eBox seems to be aware of the updates, and they seem to install correctly via Software Management, despite the errors.

J. A. Calvo

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
    • http://blogs.zentyal.org/jacalvo
Re: 1.2 broken pipes and uninitialized values during ebox-software
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 10:00:31 am »
The error you are getting is because eBox can't read the automatic updates configuration value. I don't know why is that, but you can try to toggle that checkbox and then restore it to the previous state in the ebox-software configuration and save changes to see if that fixes your problem.

Regards,

J. A. Calvo
Zentyal Server Lead Developer

J. A. Calvo

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
    • http://blogs.zentyal.org/jacalvo
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 01:11:06 pm »
Sorry, I wasn't enough clear. My reply was about the second error, and it's not harmful. I don't know anything at this moment about the "broken pipe" errors. Please let us know if you get more information about the broken pipe ones.

Regards,

J. A. Calvo
Zentyal Server Lead Developer

sixstone

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
    • Sixstone's blog
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2009, 01:30:58 pm »
Hi Sam,

* During my 1.2 tinkering I've manually run ebox-software a couple of times. When there are updates available, there is a long series of "broken pipe" errors, but I regret that I did not write down the path in the error. (If I reinstall again, I'll write down the last of the error messages since the first ones scroll off screen rapidly.)

These errors are actually warnings, they come from parsing no changelogs from virtual packages. We don't currently have a way to know if a package by its name is virtual or not. These errors are bounded and harmless.

* I did write down the following error: Use of uninitialized value in numeric eq (==) at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Software.pm line 428.

This warning has been fixed in the development version :).

Thanks very much for your helping, it's very useful ;)!!

Best regards,
My secret is my silence...