Author Topic: [SOLVED] User with admin priviledge gets "you do not have permission to save"  (Read 1532 times)

fbc

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
I had a user that I gave admin rights to a samba share. That user and ad create and delete files in that folder, but when autocad tries to save a file it opened from it gets. "you do not have permission to save to" error. I tried everything.. I can't seem to figure it out. Anyone know what is happening?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 12:09:10 am by Sam Graf »

ichat

• Zen Hero
  • RTFM!
    • View Profile
is autocad the only aplication that gives you errors,  maybe try msword,   or some other aplications,   

All tips hints and advices are based on my personal experience.
As I try my best to be as accurate as possible, following my advice is always at your own risk,
I claim absolutely NO responsibility in any way!

fbc

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Yes everything works fine with MSword, but fails with autocad. Is there are permission that only a windows server can duplicate? or can I modify the samba conf template?

fatbob

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile

fbc

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
YES!!! EXACTLY!!! SO it's an autocad issue.. great!!

fatbob

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
Great - glad to help :) can you take five to put [SOLVED] in the title of this post so others can see it's fixed

fbc

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Great - glad to help :) can you take five to put [SOLVED] in the title of this post so others can see it's fixed
I couldn't add one more character to the title even if I tried. I'm at my limit. It would be great if a SOLVED message icon could be added.

fatbob

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
Yeah it's a bit rubbish isn't it - I had to do the same to some of my posts

quijoT

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Hi!

I'm having the same problem when trying to save an autoCAD file. Didn't understand how you solved the problem. Could yo uplease explain?

Thanks in advance