Author Topic: A single user corrupted for file sharing -- LDAP?  (Read 1602 times)

Sam Graf

A single user corrupted for file sharing -- LDAP?
« on: February 06, 2013, 02:10:52 pm »
What could be the cause of a single user becoming corrupted for file sharing only, apparently? In other words, the user can access Jabber but not shares. And what might be the fix? Is it an LDAP problem?

The user is a member of a group but other group users are not affected. Other users aren't affected and the shares themselves don't appear to be affected. So it seems to be a single user and a specific sort of access.

jbahillo

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
Re: A single user corrupted for file sharing -- LDAP?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 07:17:59 pm »
Hi Sam: Although I lack some information it seems that the internal samba ldap might be affected here. Rest of the services would not be affected, as they would use the standard openldap.

Does it make sense for you?
;)

Sam Graf

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 09:10:36 pm »
It does. I think you're probably right; thanks for getting me closer to the right direction.

I spent a little time working through some of the Ubuntu documentation and its "additional information" stuff but am not yet sure how to work toward a repair. :-[

half_life

• Bug Hunter
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 04:45:35 am »
Maybe a hint here for those of us stupid interested enough to peek into the internals.  What is the format of the Samba root dn ?  I would like to poke around with Apache Studio.

jbahillo

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 09:39:18 am »
Hi half_life:

Would perhaps this guide be useful for you?

http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Samba4_as_Active_Directory_Server#Samba4

christian

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 10:14:19 am »
Is there any plan from Zentyal team to provide similar documentation matching Zentyal environment?

I might be wrong but from what I remember when I tried to perform some tests with Zentyal 3.0, access to Samba LDAP was not that easy, especially in term of authentication in order to get right access level while browsing LDAP with Apache Studio.