Author Topic: site to site VPN...clients not seeing each other  (Read 2342 times)

vhinzsanchez

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
site to site VPN...clients not seeing each other
« on: January 29, 2013, 02:17:38 am »
Can anybody help me.  I've got 2 sites...let's call them Site A and Site B.

Site A (172.16.0.0/22) is connected via leased line and using Zentyal 2.2.  Configured VPN server, published local network.

Site B (192.168.254.0/24) is using Zentyal 3.0 via ADSL line (modem).  Configured as VPN client, uploaded the configuration file from VPN Server which is in Site A.

VPN's connection is using 192.168.161.0.

Due to a limitation, I can not transparently use the modem in Site B, and for simplicity, I used the default VPN (I think it's OpenVPN).

While in Site A, I can connect to Site B's Zentyal but I can not connect, see or ping any clients in that site.  I can not confirm if I can connect to Site A's Zentyal while in Site B but one thing is sure, I can not see clients on the other side of the network.

BTW, I am not seeing any "Rules added by Zentyal services (Advanced)" in Site B's Zentyal (Zentyal 3.0), is that normal in that version? In any case, where did I commit a mistake why clients on both networks are not able to connect to one another?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 02:22:26 am by vhinzsanchez »

vhinzsanchez

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: site to site VPN...clients not seeing each other
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 09:29:17 am »
I may have been connected all along.  From Site A, since I can log into Site B's Zentyal, I am trying to ping 1 host on the DHCP widget list.  I think it may have been the culprit (me thinking that the machine is using that IP address or something prevents me from pinging some machines). 

I can also see my Windows Share which is in Site A while in site b.

I also can not ping my HP printers (Site A to B) and an accesspoint.  However, we changed accesspoint last night and I was able to ping as well as log into its admin console.

One thing though, I can not connect to Site A's Zentyal while in Site B.