Author Topic: Zentyal 3.0 Backup Error  (Read 2273 times)

zenty

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Zentyal 3.0 Backup Error
« on: December 13, 2012, 11:41:20 pm »
Hi, I'm trying to backup my config but I keep running into this error and it fails to backup.

Some error has happened in Zentyal:

root command tar cjf /var/lib/zentyal/conf//backup.uuRJbh/aux/samba.bak/sysvol.tar.bz2 /var/lib/samba/sysvol failed. Error output: tar: Removing leading `/' from member names tar: /var/lib/samba/sysvol: Cannot stat: No such file or directory tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors Command output: . Exit value: 2

I have no clue what to do next.  Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

zenty

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Zentyal 3.0 Backup Error
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 02:01:45 pm »
I guess I should clarify a bit.  When I try and backup through the Import/Export Configuration tool I come up against the error.  However, if I allow it to backup automatically it seems to do it fine(although I haven't tested the backup to make sure its not corrupt or anything).  From reading some of the post (especially this one http://forum.zentyal.org/index.php/topic,13371.0.html) I understand that there are some bugs that has and will force some people to sit on the sidelines for a bit till they are sorted out, at this point in time the features are out weighing the bugs so I'll be forging on a bit longer at least.

Sam Graf

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 02:53:22 pm »
Regrettably some of us who are testing 3.0 haven't gotten as far as the backup module :-[ . Hopefully someone who has experienced the same problem will come along with comments or suggestions.

Alternatively you can follow a ticket in the bug tracker that, I think, relates to the problem you've encountered:

http://trac.zentyal.org/ticket/5116

zenty

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 09:03:01 pm »
Is 3.0 still considered in beta?

Sam Graf

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, 09:13:31 pm »
No. But it is considered a non-trivial upgrade.