Author Topic: Set two Ethernet cards in Zentyal  (Read 1466 times)

frederick

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Set two Ethernet cards in Zentyal
« on: December 12, 2012, 08:47:08 pm »
Hello good morning.

I am new to zentyal and am trying to setup two ethernet cards eth0 entry the internet from a Gateway, what I want to use eth1 with acces point which I want to provide Internet from the same Access Point connected to eth1 detail was not how to make the internet eth1 command him to acces my eth0 point I have it in external mode to Static and DHCP eth1 is like. I would like to know how to do to exit the Internet Access Point

Escorpiom

• Zen Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Set two Ethernet cards in Zentyal
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 05:45:53 am »
Hello,

I can't understand much of what you are trying to explain. If you have the external eth0 connected to your internet provider/router/modem and your internal eth1 connected to the ap you're good to go.
Make sure both network cards are on a different subnet. If you have a specific issue, please explain.

Cheers. 
Marcus' Rule:
Blanks & capitals = avoid it and you'll avoid problems...

robb

Re: Set two Ethernet cards in Zentyal
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 09:14:41 am »
In addition: don't forget to set eth0 (connected to your internet/modem) as external.

If you connect eth1 to a switch and your LAN port of the AP to that switch, (or alternatively connect the LAN port of the AP directly to eth1) you can use Zentyal DHCP on eth1 to distribute IP addresses.

As Escorpiom pointed out, it is important to have different subnets on eth0 and eth1!

If you have further questions, just ask. Give as much details of your configuration when asking questions, so we can give you the best answer possible.