Author Topic: Problem Setting Up Additional Domain Controller  (Read 2921 times)

haunter250

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Problem Setting Up Additional Domain Controller
« on: December 03, 2012, 03:21:07 pm »
Hi guys,

I have been trying to use the File Sharing module to link into my Active Directory setup but for some reason I keep encountering this error:

Some modules reported error when saving changes . More information on the logs in /var/log/zentyal/

The server domain and kerberos realm must match the domain you are trying to join.

My last few lines of logs shows this:

2012/12/03 14:06:00 INFO> GlobalImpl.pm:604 EBox::GlobalImpl::saveAllModules - Saving config and restarting services: firewall samba dns logs
2012/12/03 14:06:00 INFO> Base.pm:229 EBox::Module::Base::save - Restarting service for module: firewall
2012/12/03 14:06:01 INFO> Base.pm:229 EBox::Module::Base::save - Restarting service for module: samba
2012/12/03 14:06:01 DEBUG> Samba.pm:916 EBox::Samba::provisionAsADC - The server domain and kerberos realm must match the domain you are trying to join.

The domain I'm trying to join is ASCEND.LOCAL and my Kerberos Realm is reported as ASCEND.LOCAL so I don't understand the issue?

Can anyone explain if this is a bug or if I'm being stupid?

Versions
Zentyal Core: 3.0.7
File Sharing and Domain Services 3.0.9

Thanks
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 03:23:49 pm by haunter250 »

stuartiannaylor

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
Re: Problem Setting Up Additional Domain Controller
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 05:06:25 pm »
I am trying zentyal pdc and zentyal additional controller. http://forum.zentyal.org/index.php/topic,13252.msg54775.html#msg54775

I am having problems as for some reason with me its says there is a dns error.

Maybe one of the support staff would say if this feature works or not as we are still on RC5 and maybe until release there are samba probs?

robb

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 06:42:28 pm »
I think your problem is that your internal domain ends with .local

have a look here and here

haunter250

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 09:31:39 pm »
Hi robb,

I checked the forums beforehand and found those topics, but I also read that it had been fixed in the latest update. Thinking that there might have still been a bug somewhere, I renamed my domain to ASCEND.LAN, reinstalled a fresh copy of Zentyal, tried again and I still got the same error.

Thanks

stuartiannaylor

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 10:05:37 pm »
It would be great if one of the zentyal representitives could say yeah or nay that additional domain controller in zentyal actually works.

Anybody got this going as it would save a lot of tears and sweat.

stuartiannaylor

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, 12:51:45 am »
I thought the .local debate had been conceeded and zentyal was allowing .local due to the sheer qty of M$ rollouts that would exclude a zentyal solution.

I guess from the lack of response that the additional domain controller part of samba4 doesn't work.

jiAmnesiAc

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2012, 09:13:18 pm »
Wanted to add that I have been having this issue as well. I'm new to Zentyal and would like to use it for content filtering. When attempting to configure it as an additional domain controller I receive the same message "The server domain and Kerberos realm must match the domain you are trying to join." I however am using an internal domain that ends in .com.

Taking a look at the krb5.conf file (if that is the correct conf file) I see that the realm does in fact match the domain.

jiAmnesiAc

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2012, 10:53:42 pm »
Anyone had any luck yet getting arround this issue.

I ended up installing Zentyal 2.2 and have had no issues so far.