Author Topic: [solved] Client "localhost" is pointing to server web root directory  (Read 1645 times)

Zent User

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
when I gave "localhost" in client browser then it showing 'index.html which is located at root directory of web server (of server) ', what might the reason ?

I checked by "nslookup localhost" in client system,it is pointing to 127.0.0.1,I've also checked /etc/hosts & /etc/hostnames, everything is pointing to client system only but its behavior is different when giving in browser.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 11:25:20 am by Zent User »
Regards
Zent User

christian

Re: Client "localhost" is pointing to server web root directory
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, 10:21:51 am »
You already raised this question in your "proxy WPAD" related topic. Please do not cross-post  8)

Reason is that you are using proxy and you did not put in your wpad.dat any exception so that localhost is accessed directly instead of proxy.
From proxy standpoint, localhost is your Zentyal server isn't it?  :)  (I hope this last sentence does help a lot, for this specific question and also in term of global understanding  ;D)

Zent User

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, 10:39:06 am »
Thanks for reply, before posting this post I've deleted the raised question in my previous post ( you can check also) and I've waited for reply nearly 5 hours,I've not get any reply.So, posted as new topic. 8)
Regards
Zent User

christian

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 10:56:39 am »
 ::) ::)

May I kindly ask you to:
- not delete what you posted (you already removed once one quite large thread about wpad).
- in case you feel that you already waited too much, do not create new post thinking that you will get faster answer  >:(

you can bump if needed but if you got no answer, perhaps this is because of time zone difference, busy forum members or unclear question or whatever else. But if you do not behave cleverly in this forum, real risk is that you do not get answer to any of your questions, even if you create new posts  ::)

Think twice about forum reader having read your question, taking some time to write and answer end not being able to find your question anymore  :o

Zent User

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2012, 11:16:23 am »
     Ok,I'll assure following points to you,

1. I'll not delete any posts now onwords.
     2. I'll not do any operations from terminal( if no option is there means then I'll proceed)
     3. Before going to implement any zentyal concept(feature), I'll get good knowledge on it by reading zentyal doc's and other related stuff.
     4. Any other points if missed here I'll consider those also (which you suggested me in our (long) conversation ).

One Request:

I've deleted one thread unfortunately instead of click on "Quick Reply" I've clicked on "Remove Topic". When I clicked on "Remove Topic" it  as not shown me any alert box(message),topic has been deleted without proper intimation.So, if possible try to introduce that feature.(Suggest to Zental team).

Thanks

Regards
Zent User

christian

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2012, 11:23:02 am »
Good point