Author Topic: how to configure 2 lans?!!  (Read 2638 times)

esam

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
how to configure 2 lans?!!
« on: September 27, 2012, 09:06:57 pm »
i have 2 lans, 2 modems and Zentyal firewall

first lan: 10.0.1.0/25 ـــــــــ>has modem for internet

Second lan: 10.255.59.128/26 ـــــــــ>has modem without internet just they can browsing 2sites and one application (VPN) this modem from telecom company.each pc in second lan has 2 network card(one by wire from telecom company's modem and second one by wireless for internet) if they want use internet they have to Enable network card wireless but if they want use the application they have to Disable the wireless!!!

So i want second lan has one network card so they can do their job and browsing internet,is there any way to solve this headache ?

FarquahrWindsor

Re: how to configure 2 lans?!!
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 10:13:30 pm »
network guys would this work?

create a virtual eth that on your other subnet and tell zentyal its internal ?

or get another card to keep things separate.

ichat

• Zen Hero
  • RTFM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 12:47:31 pm »
yes the vnet would work,  but it might take some thinkering in the software  to make zentyal beleave its an actualy  nic...

im not sure if this is implemented in 3.0 yet... but with prev versions   the webgui didn't show   virtual eth's ...

All tips hints and advices are based on my personal experience.
As I try my best to be as accurate as possible, following my advice is always at your own risk,
I claim absolutely NO responsibility in any way!

esam

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 01:10:17 pm »
If i added extra network card and make it WAN from that modem for second lan so how they will get internet??

ichat

• Zen Hero
  • RTFM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 01:51:28 pm »
im stil not verry sure what your trying to do exactly because your explaination isn't that informative.

your talking about lans  modems,   network cards and firewalls in 1 sentence etc...

it might help if you created a scematics of what your network looks like, whitch devices are where and what thair repsective ip's are... 

from what i understand now your are trying to manage 2 seperate networks (lans),     while there are still internet or vpn modems are connected to these ports as well as desktop computers?

if this is the case than general rule dictates that its bad practies,  and you should seperate your  internet modems from your  local area nework    by having 1  network card for the wan (internet) side,  and one for the desktop (lan) side.

if you have more than 1 modems (internet connections) than you can deside if you use more than one network cards and modems,  (prefered / easy way), or if you connect multiple modems    to one interface (hard / dificult way)...

for the lan side in most cases  1 network card can suffice, but you can add as many as you like, (maybe one extra for a wifi network,  or whatever wishes you may have...  its up to you... \

you can read all about this  at:  http://doc.zentyal.org

As I try my best to be as accurate as possible, following my advice is always at your own risk,

FarquahrWindsor

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 03:14:58 pm »
yes the vnet would work,  but it might take some thinkering in the software  to make zentyal beleave its an actualy  nic...

im not sure if this is implemented in 3.0 yet... but with prev versions   the webgui didn't show   virtual eth's ...

I never noticed that was new ? If you have a static eth then you can create a virtalnic or a load of them.

Also you can set it to trunk which is a bit confusing but 802.1q and set your vlan list underneath

But you can't do much with the settings of your veth. vlan wise

Just been playing as it turns up in the dchp as eth1:v1 as I named it v1 but I don't seem to be able to tag it.

Cool got it.

Set your eth to trunk and set your vlan id's and they will turn up as new eth ports that you can set in the normal way
and then make a load of veth on there.

But i guess this isn't helping.

If zentyal is central and you have two subnets and your router and default getways set correctly it will work.
Do they have to be separate?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 04:44:22 pm by FarquahrWindsor »

esam

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 04:45:32 pm »

FarquahrWindsor

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2012, 05:11:36 pm »
Apologies about my long winded drawl about vnets as I didn't know it was a new feature.

Its my problem and my english but I don't think I am understanding your translation.

Not thats its really a Zentyal question as far as I can tell.

Anyway why can't they access there applications when you enable wireless?

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows/adding-a-tcpip-route-to-the-windows-routing-table/
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 06:36:17 pm by FarquahrWindsor »

esam

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2012, 06:22:54 pm »
each pc has 2 network cards(one wireless and one wire) with 2 gateways.

ichat

• Zen Hero
  • RTFM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2012, 08:16:05 pm »
after seeing your picture i stil havn't got a clue what your trying to do here,

if you have 2 wan connections  1 for internet,  one for a company vpn / leased line. 

than why do you need both cabled connection and a wifi connection.   

as you can just  use your routing tables to send data to the right wan interface.   

esam

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2012, 09:27:38 pm »
These 2 wan connections for internet(load balance) for lan,also there is modem has Private Settings from telecom company to use just 2 sites and their application online.zentyal has 5 network card(2 wan for internet,1 wan for telecom company and 2 lan).i want stop using wireless.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?cwo20gc94aqq9x1

esam

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2012, 09:20:52 pm »
I hope now it be clear  :-[  :'( ^_^"

-Before: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?cwo20gc94aqq9x1

- and now i want it like this: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?j4s43dt4su8ic71

i want stc group use internet from my domain also, how?!!!

Thanks in advance

B0UJI

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2012, 09:20:36 am »
Two network cards on the internal side with different subnets is the best option.  They can be on a separate switch and have a Static Route so the traffic can cross subnets.

If there's only one backbone switch you can still do this just make sure DHCP services are only on one subnet, and the rest are set statically.

esam

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2012, 12:36:30 pm »
???? :-\ :'(

esam

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2012, 07:03:40 pm »
if i used bridged setup for these external interface what will happen?