Author Topic: Username and password for PDC on Zentyal 3  (Read 8318 times)

gamblisku

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Username and password for PDC on Zentyal 3
« on: September 16, 2012, 04:40:30 am »
Dear All,

I just downloaded the new Zentyal 3 and installed on my machine. It was wene well. I used to manage it as my Primary Domain Controller. It also went pretty well. Then I try to connect my Windows Xp or Windows 7. I use "Administrator" and my password for it. But I got the following error:

Which username and password I should use to connect to the Zentyal PDC?

Thanks  before

dhani

txsastre

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
Re: Username and password for PDC on Zentyal 3
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 11:23:14 am »
You have to create an user, an add it to the Domain Admins group. Then use this add machines to the domain.

That's all

ichat

• Zen Hero
  • RTFM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 12:35:25 pm »
there is also the  Administrator  account of which the password is shown in the  samba4 configuration menu... default Zentyal1234 (mind the capital letter Z)

All tips hints and advices are based on my personal experience.
As I try my best to be as accurate as possible, following my advice is always at your own risk,
I claim absolutely NO responsibility in any way!

half_life

• Bug Hunter
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 05:21:05 am »
Ichat,  that didn't work here for me on a clean 3.0 install.  I didn't see the admin password either.  However changing the Administrator password in the users module did the trick for me.

Details:
Zentyal 3.0 32 bit ISO
selected Office package group.
Configured standalone Domain controller.
Setup all of the DNS stuff and activated file sharing module.
edited Administrator in user module to a password known to me.
Not quite apples to apples but used ubuntu desktop "net ads join -UAdministrator after editing the smb.conf for AD.

jncarlos

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 01:10:43 pm »
Hello,
I have the same problem.

I made ​​several installations zentyal 3.0 and I managed to add a PC with Windows XP to Zentyal domain that the username and password were incorrect.
I put the user in the Domain Admins group generated zentyal.
I verify that the user can access the server shares \ \ server \ share, and is correct.
With nslookup verify that the domain name is resolved correctly (xp logical that I requested credentials when you add it to the domain).

I made over 8 facilities, if an installation problem. I have worked with Zentyal since called Ebox. I know the system and I think this is a bug in it.

What steps I can take?

jncarlos

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile

gamblisku

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2012, 01:06:11 am »
I have been installing Zentyal 5 times but still can not make Zentyal PDC works for me. It shows different errors, DNS error etc...Is there any resource to learn about installing PDC on Zentyal 3.0 from scratch? I can do a perfect PDC installation on ClearOS Linux...huifff..

jsalamero

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2012, 11:33:06 am »
I just tested to join a domain created with Zentyal 3 and Samba 4 and worked flawlessly. Just use a user that is on the Domain Admins group.

kruemelluna0

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2012, 02:39:19 pm »
Hello,
 do you know that the entry for the first DNS on your client must be the ip of the PDC ? If your PDC isn't your gateway, you can add a foward in the DNS section to your Gateway IP
 Try to ping the fully qualified hostname for example "ping zentyal.zentyal-domine.lan",   first localy from your PDC and then from the Client-mashine.

... and do you know how you join a client mashine to a Domain?

... to join the mashine to the Domain you have start xp or win7 with admin rights and than change the workgroup to your Domain by
right-click COMPTER / go to Comtunername and change. Therefor, its the best to take the Administator user, where you first changed the password to one you know.
Then reboot your windows client and can connect a user to the Domain.

FarquahrWindsor

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2012, 03:36:51 pm »
In a M$ AD the PDC is usually the DHCP server and its important to have both DNS and NTP set to the AD.

The NTP is important as well as any clock skew will result in kerberos authentication errors.

Also the administrator account is setup with a random password. From memory its in var/lib/zentyal/conf.

Easier just to change the password to something more memorable.

:)

trvaa

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2012, 10:04:41 pm »
I struggled a bit until I figured out it was a time issue. Windows using a non active ntp server.

All OK as soon as the time on the windows machines corrected.

I wish I'd seen FarquahrWindsor's post above before I spent a couple of hours head scratching!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 10:10:00 pm by trvaa »