Author Topic: [SOLVED] Samba in zentyal 3.0???  (Read 8125 times)

therobust

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
[SOLVED] Samba in zentyal 3.0???
« on: September 14, 2012, 08:37:08 pm »
What is this error guys?:

Samba can't be provisioned if no IP addresses are set and the DNS domain is properly configured. Ensure that you have at least a IP address assigned to an internal interface, and this IP has to be assigned to the domain and to the hostname in the DNS domain

Yes. i have assigned one interface a local IP for internal network enabled it however not connected yet. moreover i did configure that IP in domain and hostname in DNS domain settings.... Any help please?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 10:17:49 pm by Sam Graf »

therobust

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Samba in zentyal 3.0???
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 08:59:04 pm »
ok here is the answer...
you need to have working internal interface to solve above issue... as i said i had left it disconnected..
lemme know how to mark this topic solved!!

Sam Graf

Re: Samba in zentyal 3.0???
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 10:17:18 pm »
Thanks for posting what you learned! Here is the information about how to mark a topic as solved:

http://forum.zentyal.org/index.php/topic,4139.0.html

But since I was already in here, I marked it for you. :)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 10:19:12 pm by Sam Graf »

marceloeng

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: [SOLVED] Samba in zentyal 3.0???
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 08:53:06 pm »
Hello!

I have the same trouble when enable samba module.

Failed to enable: Samba can't be provisioned if no IP addresses are set and the DNS domain is properly configured. Ensure that you have at least a IP address assigned to an internal interface, and this IP has to be assigned to the domain and to the hostname in the DNS domain.

I have internal interface (static IP), DNS (same static IP) and dns domain (same static IP), but samba module don't start.

Any help, please!

Regards,
Marcelo

jensjenrich

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 04:24:04 pm »
I have the same problems and my configuration is as that one in the last post. My internal ethernet card, and DNS entries are set the same static IP. The internal card is used and connected.

Any ideas please?

marceloeng

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 04:43:40 pm »
Hello!

I returned to zentyal 2.2

Zentyal 3.0 don't work for me yet.

terghalin

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2012, 11:39:35 am »
You cant start Samba or domain on interface with WAN connection (if you want to use Zentyal as gateway).
You cant start Samba or domain on virtual interface.

Try to setup on another ethernet interface, like eth1 (second ethernet adapter).

benronlund

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2012, 12:21:52 pm »
I had the same problem and I solved it by adding my ip to the hostname of my DNS entry for some reason I had to restart before I could do this. Ensure your ip is set as both domain and hostname as the error readout suggests. Maybe even restart the machine to be safe?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 12:25:48 pm by benronlund »

kyser

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2012, 12:41:57 am »
Also if you set a static IP in the initial configuration on first boot then it fills on those entries automatically.

concussion

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2012, 07:39:30 pm »
Hi, I am getting the same error:

Samba can't be provisioned if no IP addresses are set and the DNS domain is properly configured. Ensure that you have at least a IP address assigned to an internal interface, and this IP has to be assigned to the domain and to the hostname in the DNS domain.

Ubuntu 12.04 Server, Zentyal 2.3 > 3.0 (upgraded)

eth0 : external dynamic ip
eth1 : internal static ip

Error Trace:
Code: [Select]
$VAR1 = bless( {
                 '-stacktrace' => 'Samba can't be provisioned if no IP addresses are set and the DNS domain is properly configured. Ensure that you have at least a IP address assigned to an internal interface, and this IP has to be assigned to the domain and to the hostname in the DNS domain. at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Samba.pm line 681
EBox::Samba::_checkEnvironment(\'EBox::Samba=HASH(0x7f2d7b095ee0)\', 1) called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Samba.pm line 165
EBox::Samba::enableService(\'EBox::Samba=HASH(0x7f2d7b095ee0)\', 1) called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/ServiceManager.pm line 183
EBox::ServiceManager::enableServices(\'EBox::ServiceManager=HASH(0x7f2d77719560)\', \'HASH(0x7f2d773bcb78)\') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/CGI/ServiceModule/StatusController.pm line 66
EBox::CGI::ServiceModule::StatusController::_process(\'EBox::CGI::ServiceModule::StatusController=HASH(0x7f2d773bc4e8)\') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/CGI/ClientRawBase.pm line 176
EBox::CGI::ClientRawBase::run(\'EBox::CGI::ServiceModule::StatusController=HASH(0x7f2d773bc4e8)\') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/CGI/Run.pm line 131
EBox::CGI::Run::run(\'EBox::CGI::Run\', \'ServiceModule/StatusController\', \'EBox\') called at /usr/share/zentyal/cgi/ebox.cgi line 34
ModPerl::ROOT::ModPerl::Registry::usr_share_zentyal_cgi_ebox_2ecgi::handler(\'Apache2::RequestRec=SCALAR(0x7f2d771a2b68)\') called at /usr/lib/perl5/ModPerl/RegistryCooker.pm line 204
eval {...} called at /usr/lib/perl5/ModPerl/RegistryCooker.pm line 204
ModPerl::RegistryCooker::run(\'ModPerl::Registry=HASH(0x7f2d771a6aa8)\') called at /usr/lib/perl5/ModPerl/RegistryCooker.pm line 170
ModPerl::RegistryCooker::default_handler(\'ModPerl::Registry=HASH(0x7f2d771a6aa8)\') called at /usr/lib/perl5/ModPerl/Registry.pm line 31
ModPerl::Registry::handler(\'ModPerl::Registry\', \'Apache2::RequestRec=SCALAR(0x7f2d771a2b68)\') called at -e line 0
eval {...} called at -e line 0
',
                 '-file' => '/usr/share/perl5/EBox/Samba.pm',
                 '-text' => 'Samba can't be provisioned if no IP addresses are set and the DNS domain is properly configured. Ensure that you have at least a IP address assigned to an internal interface, and this IP has to be assigned to the domain and to the hostname in the DNS domain.',
                 '-line' => 681,
                 '-package' => 'EBox::Samba',
                 'silent' => 0
               }, 'EBox::Exceptions::External' );

How can I enable Samba ?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 08:25:12 pm by concussion »

concussion

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2012, 04:28:15 pm »
Uninstalling and reinstalling DNS seems to make it