Author Topic: LDAP sync, users and shared folders  (Read 1721 times)

akhasis

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
LDAP sync, users and shared folders
« on: September 05, 2012, 12:49:57 pm »
Hello,

I'm having troubles trying to access shared folders. I have Zentyal Community Edition 2.2.7 installed as a Windows 2003 AD slave, so all the users in my Zentyal are replicated from it. All but one, since the Zentyal main admin user, the one created during installation, doesn't belong to that AD nor is listed anywhere (though that user can log in with no problems).

To explain it, let's suppose I have two users: the one created during installation (from now on, "zentyal_admin") and the one syncronized from LDAP ("akhasis", belonging to the "administrators" LDAP group). I'm trying to share the /srv/www folder so that I can upload my webpages just drag&dropping them to a directory on my desktop (workaround till I can get FTP to work).

So I set /srv/www as shared with the group "administrators". When I try to access it from another computer, it doesn't let me (it keeps asking my username and password). This makes me think that, despite listed in Users section and having their own folder, the users aren't recognized by Zentyal. Moreover, the Dashboard shows only 1 user.

The only way I can access those shared folders is allowing guests and then connecting from another computer with my "zentyal_admin" user.

I have been trying to solve this for days, but can't think of anything else to try.

Also, there is no way to allow "akhasis" to admin my Zentyal installation. May that be another symptom that LDAP users aren't recognized beyond getting their own /home/username directories?

I'd be really thankful if you could give me any hint on how to solve this.

akhasis

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: LDAP sync, users and shared folders
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 01:11:43 pm »
Ok, all of a sudden, I could share folders again. I don't know if it had to do with me disabling and then re-enabling the firewall.

Still, can't figure out how to let a user from my LDAP login to Zentyal. Any idea?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 01:13:15 pm by akhasis »