Author Topic: Webserver  (Read 1822 times)

airy52

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Webserver
« on: March 20, 2009, 03:50:13 am »
I was wondering, would it be simple to host a webpage on my ebox? It does not need anything but basic html, but if php and mysql are supported, it wouldn't hurt to have also. I have a static ip and a domain name.

If so, what would I do. I tried enabling web server, but I need to know:

1. How can I access the folder that is holds what is public, easily. (any step by step directions would help a lot)

I am not very good on the linux command line, so doing it through ebox web interface is preferable, but if you can guide me a little, I could use ssh or something to connect and run commands. Is there a way to share the public folder on my windows network, so everyone could access it?

Right now, my setup is, my modem goes to ebox, and ebox to the router. So it acts as our gateway, mail server, everything.

Thanks!

erik

sixstone

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
    • Sixstone's blog
Re: Webserver
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 10:27:43 am »
Hello Erik,

The document root is under /var/www. If you don't want to access through command line to the place to put your HTML pages, you may enable file sharing using samba and adding a new share through File Sharing -> Shares . The share path would be File system path and you must set /var/www and allow access to you as user.

Concerning to mysql and php, its installation and configuration must be set manually.

I hope this helps a little.
My secret is my silence...

coastdweller

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 08:07:38 pm »
sixstone~

When you say it should be set manually do you mean we need to install php/mysql?

I tried to install phpmyadmin from apt and received an error about php5-mcrypt, php4-mcrypt.

If we need to install this stuff I don't mind, I got the thing working and I dont have a problem with bringing those services up, just want to ask first.

sixstone

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
    • Sixstone's blog
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 10:19:59 am »
When you say it should be set manually do you mean we need to install php/mysql?
Install them and configure them manually. No eBox intermission will be done :)
My secret is my silence...