Author Topic: Fresh Zentyal Install, Default Username and Password.  (Read 54130 times)

reide

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Fresh Zentyal Install, Default Username and Password.
« on: May 07, 2012, 03:31:25 pm »
I have a ubuntu server 10.04

I'm trying to install zentyal for the purpose of setting up a proxy server. I did an install through terminal with sudo apt-get install zentyal

It prompted me for a port. I used the default.

I tried to log into zentyal using my https://myipaddress. It's asking for a username and password. I'm reading everywhere that the install should have prompted me for a username and password. It did not.

Terminal reports that the user ebox was created. I changed the pass with passwd ebox. Tried logging in with that. It did not work. Tried Zentyal Zentyal too.

I tried to setup just squid on my server, but I spent hours going nowhere. I read somewhere that zentyal made this setup brainless, so I'm trying out zentyal. Guess my mind is working below brainless; I haven't slept for over a day.

P.S. The captcha for this website is terrible. I had to refresh a dozen times to get a readable combination of letters.

Neru

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
Re: Fresh Zentyal Install, Default Username and Password.
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 03:50:32 pm »
Hello reide,

have you tried using your ubuntu user? You should be able to log into the web interface with that user.

Regars,

emden09

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 12:38:58 pm »
@Neru: sorry same problem for me. Frehly installed ubuntu server box. used aptitude (recomennded) to install Zentyal. Installation script did ask for a php root passwort, did ask for a port, did ask for my dynsql username, pwd and hostname and many more, but did not ask for a Zentyal user or password. After all I saw on the console, that a user named ebox:adm was created. Tried to log into the webinterface by using that ebox user with several passwords on the system and changed that users password to try that as well. For sure I used my own username and the root-user as well. nothing works for me. As I thought being dumb, i reinstalled the whole ubuntu box from scratch and Zentyal from scratch again. same result. So how can I continue setting my box up?

Neru

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 04:04:34 pm »
Hello emden09,

user ebox is a user Zentyal user internally, you shouldn't use it.

Can you please check that your ubuntu user belongs to the 'admin' group? If not, please add your user to that group and try to log in again.

emden09

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2012, 04:26:55 pm »
THX Neru. Yes the ubuntu user belonged to the admin group. But we now found out that we have to add it to the sudoers group as well. After doing so, this shoul dbe the solution to anyone having this prob. THX again.

vinod

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2012, 08:59:48 am »
For anyone using Ubuntu 12.04, I had to add the user to the group sudo, as documented at https://help.ubuntu.com/12.04/serverguide/zentyal.html

Neru

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2012, 10:36:36 am »
Thanks both for sharing this information with everyone.

FarquahrWindsor

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2012, 11:19:52 am »
I am confused as with me the default username and password is the sudo user and password I created with the ubuntu install.
Is it when you have created a root user and your running as root?