Author Topic: 2.3: Cannot add Group's policies in HTTP Proxy module.  (Read 1782 times)

Ret

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
2.3: Cannot add Group's policies in HTTP Proxy module.
« on: May 03, 2012, 12:59:17 am »
I'm trying to use HTTP proxy module to authorize and filter users internet navigation. After adding users and groups to the system I define a filter profile. When I try to bind that filter profile with a group in "Groups' policies" I get the error: "An internal error related to a template has occurred. This is a bug, relevant information can be found in the logs."

Output of /var/log/zentyal/zentyal.log
Code: [Select]
2012/05/02 19:52:16 ERROR> ClientRawBase.pm:209 EBox::CGI::ClientRawBase::__ANON__ - Not a HASH reference at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Squid/Model/GroupPolicyBase.pm line 114, <GEN0> line 2019.

Stack:
  [/usr/share/perl5/EBox/Squid/Model/GroupPolicyBase.pm:114]
  [/usr/share/perl5/EBox/Types/Select.pm:151]
  [/usr/share/zentyal/templates/ajax/setter/selectSetter.mas:25]
  [/usr/share/zentyal/templates/ajax/typeRowLayout.mas:21]
  [/usr/share/zentyal/templates/ajax/modelViewer.mas:326]
  [/usr/share/zentyal/templates/ajax/modelViewer.mas:226]
  [/usr/share/zentyal/templates/ajax/modelViewer.mas:261]
  [<anonymous component>:174]
  [/usr/share/zentyal/templates/ajax/modelViewer.mas:161]
  [/usr/share/zentyal/templates/ajax/modelViewer.mas:33]

I've installed Zentyal 2.3 (64bits) from its own CD and also from PPA into a clean Ubuntu 12.04 installation and upgraded all packages. In both systems I get the same result.
Do you know how to solve this situation? any help will be appreciated! ;)

skyflyer

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: 2.3: Cannot add Group's policies in HTTP Proxy module.
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 02:51:37 pm »
Getting similar errors here also.  After days of working on different solutions I've come to the conclusion that this is an early Alpha release which means just that.  Lots of kinks to be worked out of the new packages.  I like Zentyal and will stick with it but September is such a long way off! (If you can't tell... I'm impatient but excited about the product)

Full disclosure-- Linux noob here.  Entered the linux world about 4 months ago but have built two linux machines now (Kubuntu 12.04 and Zentyal) and have been reading and studying everything I can about Linux.  I like Zentyal because it is geared more toward me (non-linux cli expert) and there is nothing similar out there that I've come across.  Thanks guys and keep up the hard work.  I look forward to seeing the final release of Zentyal 3.0

Sam Graf

Re: 2.3: Cannot add Group's policies in HTTP Proxy module.
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 09:40:52 pm »
Getting similar errors here also.  After days of working on different solutions I've come to the conclusion that this is an early Alpha release which means just that.  Lots of kinks to be worked out of the new packages.
That's correct (well, it may be beta rather than alpha quality software, but the point is still the same). The developers release this stuff into the wild so that the community can run it through real world scenarios.

As a side thought, I don't know if and what impact the Ubuntu development process has on Zentyal development. I would think that the Ubuntu alpha and beta LTS releases have to get to a certain point before Zentyal can proceed confidently, so it may be that some parts of the current Zentyal beta are more mature than others, impacting especially integration of the various services into a single product.

Full disclosure-- Linux noob here.  Entered the linux world about 4 months ago but have built two linux machines now (Kubuntu 12.04 and Zentyal) and have been reading and studying everything I can about Linux.  I like Zentyal because it is geared more toward me (non-linux cli expert) and there is nothing similar out there that I've come across.  Thanks guys and keep up the hard work.
I agree completely. Zentyal offers Linux n00bs an admirable product (and services!) bundle.