Author Topic: [LTSP] failed to connect to nbd server  (Read 4344 times)

yura.syrov

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
[LTSP] failed to connect to nbd server
« on: September 23, 2011, 03:13:11 pm »
At loading of the thin client there is an error:
"failed to connect to nbd server"
What can it be and how it to correct so not to break zentyal?

jsalamero

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
Re: [LTSP] failed to connect to nbd server
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 09:17:23 pm »
Just open the ports needed in the firewall, you will need to create a new service for that. You can check the ports with sudo netstat -putan.

andygraybeal

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 12:58:26 am »
-putan, hehe.

biyover

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 04:23:04 am »
Hi:

I have also come across this problem trying to run thin/fat clients. Im running Zentyal v. 3.

After several trials and errors trying to get the image to build, I was ready to test the setup, but no go. The clients just drop into a busybox session, and further investigating shows thats they never get to load "root".

I have been trying to get this to work by several means (nbd-server config, dpkg-reconfigure nbd-server, editing the inetd file...)

It seems thatafter installing and enabling the thin-client module and building the image, zentyal doesn't finish properly by setting up the nbd-server. The config seems to be there, but is not "active".

There already is a firewall rule enabled for this module (tcp port 10809), but running netstat shows no nbd-server instance or inetd instance for nbd-server.

My latest error message trying to enable nbd-server states that "bind: address is already in use" ??? this even after a restart.

Can someone point in the right direction? or steps that will definetly rule out any miss-crossed-configs?

Thanks.