Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Installation and Upgrades / Unable to set default route for system
« Last post by beauharlan on October 05, 2024, 12:18:32 pm »
Hi, I am running Zentyal 7.0.3 and the gateway entry is set to default. But when checking the settings in Network > Gateways it does not change to the default route for the system.

Does anyone know why? Thanks.
Installation and Upgrades / Re: Fresh install hangs after selecting modules
« Last post by Siroco on October 04, 2024, 11:26:42 am »
Hi,

You can check those logs for errors and post those lines on the forum, or also, if the system crashes, post the last lines of the logs to see what it was doing at that time.

Regards.
« Last post by gofast321 on October 03, 2024, 10:11:38 pm »
Thanks Siroco. I ran the command and I'm parsing through the logs now to understand the differences. 

I was going to post them to this thread but the upload folder in the forum is full and they exceed the character limit to post in the body the message.
« Last post by Siroco on October 03, 2024, 01:08:32 pm »
Hi,
With this option selected, you already have access to the desktop while the initial Zentyal installation is running through the wizard. You can launch a console as an administrator and run the following command to monitor the installation progress:
Code: [Select]
sudo tail -f /var/log/zentyal/zentyal.log /var/log/syslog
If you notice the process hanging, you can review these log files to identify any messages that might help pinpoint what the system was doing when it stalled.
Regards.
Installation and Upgrades / Re: Folder redirection in Zentyal? Projects
« Last post by Siroco on October 03, 2024, 12:36:59 pm »
If you're inquiring about roaming profiles for Windows systems and folder redirection, I recommend consulting the official Zentyal documentation.
https://doc.zentyal.org/en/directory.html#roaming-profiles-and-folder-redirection
Installation and Upgrades / Folder redirection in Zentyal? Projects
« Last post by kyleighterry on October 03, 2024, 03:45:24 am »
I've hated that windows server ADDC is basically gold standard in multi user setups. windows server, to me, is archaic, clunky, unreliable, buggy, and just overall a pile of garbage but i have no choice but to deploy this for customers and just deal with the everest sized pile of problems with it. So Every few years i poke around and try out linux alternatives in hopes that someday someone will crack it. That time has come around again and I'm playing with zentyal, seems straightforward for user setup and for people who need really basic setups this is probably fine and i might consider it for tiny networks to get people off of local accounts in small customer setups, but unless im missing something its missing a glaringly huge feature that is basically necessary, user folder redirection. i cant overstate enouhg how essential i feel folder redirection is and for those who dont know this basically means that each user has all their files stored on a central server rather than the machine. This protects from hardware failures among other things as in the event of a pc failure or upgrade there's nothing to migrate and also allows users to go from pc to pc in the network and have access to their files. this might seem trivial to most but as an MSP the ability to ship out a replacement machine to someone if something happens and they just sign into the DC and everything is business as usual... this is essential. Is there a way to do this in zentyal for windows clients and possibly linux clients? or is there another product, paid or free that actually does this? i dont think any linux dc solution will ever be complete without this.
« Last post by gofast321 on October 02, 2024, 08:22:13 pm »
Thanks for the response Siroco.

I'm installing version 8.0 development edition
I'm using the GUI expert mode to install
I'm partitioning the the whole 80GB disk without LVM

If I install with just basic network and firewall it finishes fine. If I choose the domain module and/or any other combination of modules, the installation process will just die. It will just hang on one of the install steps (ie. 369 of 380, etc.) If I close the browser and reopen the 'Zentyal Administration" site it will come back to the 'Initial Setup' screen. It will show the modules I already picked as check marked and if I click install again it will show no packages selected. So then the only option is to click "skip install". It will take me directly to the dashboard which shows all the modules installed but the problem is that I never get to complete the initial domain setup.

After doing some testing I stumbled on a weird workaround. After the machine reboots after the base install, if I let it sit at the Zentyal Administrator console for about 5 minutes before choosing the modules then it will normally complete fine. So I'm wondering if there is some weird race condition happening.

Unfortunately I'm not smart enough to diagnose it much deeper than that. Most of my help is only observational.

Thanks,
Chad
Other modules / Squid error on 8.0
« Last post by francisschappo12 on October 02, 2024, 03:57:51 pm »
Hello,

I have the following error in Http Proxy in version 8.0:

× squid.service - Squid Web Proxy Server
     Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/squid.service; disabled; vendor preset: enabled)
     Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Wed 2024-10-02 07:58:03 -03; 5s ago
       Docs: man:squid(8)
    Process: 33250 ExecStartPre=/usr/sbin/squid --foreground -z (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
    Process: 33253 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/squid --foreground -sYC (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
   Main PID: 33253 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
        CPU: 141ms

out 02 07:58:03 lamicserver squid[33267]: storeDirWriteCleanLogs: Operation aborted.
out 02 07:58:03 lamicserver squid[33267]: FATAL: mimeLoadIcon: cannot parse internal URL: http://lamicserver.lamic.lan:>
out 02 07:58:03 lamicserver squid[33267]: Squid Cache (Version 5.9): Terminated abnormally.
out 02 07:58:03 lamicserver squid[33253]: Squid Parent: squid-1 process 33267 exited with status 1
out 02 07:58:03 lamicserver squid[33253]: Squid Parent: squid-1 process 33267 will not be restarted for 3600 seconds du>
out 02 07:58:03 lamicserver squid[33253]: Exiting due to repeated, frequent failures
out 02 07:58:03 lamicserver squid[33253]: Removing PID file (/run/squid.pid)
out 02 07:58:03 lamicserver systemd[1]: squid.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
out 02 07:58:03 lamicserver systemd[1]: squid.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
out 02 07:58:03 lamicserver systemd[1]: Failed to start Squid Web Proxy Server.

I tried reinstalling the module, but it didn't work.
Portuguese / Erro no Squid
« Last post by francisschappo12 on October 02, 2024, 12:59:05 pm »
Bom dia pessoal,
Estou com o seguinte erro no Http Proxy na versão 8.0:

× squid.service - Squid Web Proxy Server
     Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/squid.service; disabled; vendor preset: enabled)
     Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Wed 2024-10-02 07:58:03 -03; 5s ago
       Docs: man:squid(8)
    Process: 33250 ExecStartPre=/usr/sbin/squid --foreground -z (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
    Process: 33253 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/squid --foreground -sYC (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
   Main PID: 33253 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
        CPU: 141ms

out 02 07:58:03 lamicserver squid[33267]: storeDirWriteCleanLogs: Operation aborted.
out 02 07:58:03 lamicserver squid[33267]: FATAL: mimeLoadIcon: cannot parse internal URL: http://lamicserver.lamic.lan:>
out 02 07:58:03 lamicserver squid[33267]: Squid Cache (Version 5.9): Terminated abnormally.
out 02 07:58:03 lamicserver squid[33253]: Squid Parent: squid-1 process 33267 exited with status 1
out 02 07:58:03 lamicserver squid[33253]: Squid Parent: squid-1 process 33267 will not be restarted for 3600 seconds du>
out 02 07:58:03 lamicserver squid[33253]: Exiting due to repeated, frequent failures
out 02 07:58:03 lamicserver squid[33253]: Removing PID file (/run/squid.pid)
out 02 07:58:03 lamicserver systemd[1]: squid.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
out 02 07:58:03 lamicserver systemd[1]: squid.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
out 02 07:58:03 lamicserver systemd[1]: Failed to start Squid Web Proxy Server.

Já tentei de tudo e o Squid não funciona.
« Last post by Siroco on October 02, 2024, 10:39:29 am »
Hi,

Could you give more specific details about how you do the installation process? For example:

- Which version of Zentyal are you using?
- What type of installation do you select?
- What configuration options do you use?
    - Partitioned
    - LVM
- Have you tried installing with only the basic network and firewall modules?
- Is there a difference between successful and failed installations?
- Have you tried doing a clean install of Ubuntu and installing Zentyal on Ubuntu as the official documentation says?
https://doc.zentyal.org/en/installation.html#installation-on-top-of-ubuntu-22-04-lts-server-or-desktop

Regards.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10