Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
German / ein par Anfänger Fragen
« Last post by armin.moradi on January 25, 2024, 11:37:11 am »
Hallo,

ich setze gerade einen kleinen, privaten Zentyal server auf.
Hier bin ich am überlegen, ob ich roaming profile aktiviere oder nicht, da ich meine ganzen Software Einstellungen mitnehmen könnte.
Wenn ich mich versuche mit einem Notebook außerhalb der Domäne anmelde, verliert beim abmelden dann die ganzen Einstellungen, oder, wenn ich eine VPN-Verbindung aufgebaut haben würde, würde er die trotzdem speichern?

VIele Grüße
Armin Moradi
Other modules / Re: Nordvpn
« Last post by ggowins on January 24, 2024, 11:03:36 pm »
I believe that NordVPN has an option for using OpenVPN.     Zentyal uses OpenVPN,  so you'd be able to use that to configure in the Web UI. 
Other modules / Nordvpn
« Last post by pegasuspc on January 22, 2024, 06:58:54 pm »
I am switching from Windows Server to Zentyal 7
is there a way to connect to nordvpn from the web interface?
or do i have to do it from commandline?

Thanks

Michael
Other modules / WAN Failover Setup
« Last post by jaywll on January 10, 2024, 06:26:14 pm »
Hello, community.

I have my Zentyal server set up as the primary gateway on my network and it has two WAN connections: one primary and one backup. The primary WAN is fast and unlimited, the backup WAN is slow and incurs usage charges. As you might imagine, I don't want the backup WAN to be used at all unless the primary WAN connection fails. I'm having trouble getting Zentyal set up this way.

Currently under Gateways I once for each WAN. Both are enabled, the primary WAN is marked as default and the backup WAN is not. The primary gateway has a weighting of 1 and the backup has a weighting of 15, although my understanding would be that those weightings are irrelevant unless I'm trying to do Traffic Balancing, which I don't think I am. As such, I have nothing set under Traffic Balancing, and under WAN Failover I have rules that test the primary gateway and disable it if it can't reach the outside world.

WAN failover is working in the sense that the primary gateway does indeed end up in a disabled state if there's no connectivity, at which point all traffic is routed through the backup gateway.

The problem is that even when the primary gateway/WAN is working, some traffic flows through the backup WAN. Based on the stats I see I believe Zentyal is balancing my traffic based on the weightings I have set, even though traffic balancing is not configured.

What do I need to change in order to get 100% of my traffic to flow through the primary gateway and only use the backup gateway if the primary one is disabled as a result of my failover tests.

Thanks!
German / Re: Zentyal 7.1 Erfahrungen
« Last post by Lueghi on December 24, 2023, 05:40:31 pm »
Hallo Thomas,
danke für die Info.
Die Anzahl der Beiträge / Erfahrungen hält sich aber bisher in Grenzen ....  :( . Gutes oder schlechtes Zeichen?
Hallo Zorus,

bei Windows 10 in Verbindung mit LDAP (bei uns Univention) konnte ich feststellen, das nach Windows Updates, Drucker veschwunden waren, Netzlaufwerke weg waren und und und ...

Auch kam das Problem, das die User sich nicht mehr an der Domäne anmelden konnten. Wir haben diesen Fehler dann nur beheben können, indem wir den Rechner aus der Domäne zu entfernen und wieder aufzunehmen. Nach der Aufnahme in eine Workgroup, haben wir aber keinen "Neustart" durchgeführt, nur das Fenster geschlossen, wieder geöffnet und den Rechner dann in die Domäne aufgenommen, danach dann einen Neustart.

Vielleicht hilft es ja.

Gruss

Thomas
German / Re: Zentyal 7.1 Erfahrungen
« Last post by Thomas Hoffmann on December 19, 2023, 06:06:19 pm »
Hallo Lueghi,

ich habe es vor einigen Tagen durchgeführt. Installation war einfach und schnell. Läuft bei mir alles wie gewohnt. Habe auch nach dem ersten Update keine Probleme

Gruss

Thomas
Installation and Upgrades / Re: Zentyal 8
« Last post by foeke on December 11, 2023, 11:39:37 am »
I think I am spoiled with the ClearOS I was used to. I never experienced so many rough patches.
When I install by just going next next next you get everything on a 100Gb part of the LVM. Easy to resolve, but it makes no sense.
I ran into the issue that it doesn't support PPPoE with a fixed IP (https://forum.zentyal.org/index.php/topic,35644.0.html) I now know it should work since under plain Ubuntu it works like I expected. I just don't know what happens if I mess with settings in the OS that do not align with the webinterface.

When making changes with the VLAN's (in the end I just gave up) and then going back to plain ethernet, you'll get all kind of issues, because Zentyal doesn't remove the VLAN settings, it just removes it from the interface.
Everything looks right, but things like DHCP/DNS/SAMBA just give up and won't start anymore.

And I am pretty sure there is a bug in the user/user rights.
If you make a user and then configure the rights, it probably works just fine. When you add 10 users and configure the rights, and then save. It becomes a lottery.
The webinterface tells everything is correct. But getting the client connected to the shares is a different thing. Completely random. like 3 of the 10 won't be able to connect to some share, sometimes even the personal one.
Luckily when you switch the Acces control from "read/write" to "administrator" or "read-only", save. Then switch it back and save again. Everything is works as expected.
I really believe Zentyal should use Beta testers.

« Last post by Luke on December 11, 2023, 11:05:56 am »
Hi Luke,
What is the current status with 8.0?
If I understand correctly, Zentyal does not do Beta testing by users. But if you can use it, I'd be happy to make myself available.
7.1 had quite a few nonsensical settings that a beta tester had removed (for example, why on earth would you only free up 100Gb on your LVM).

Yea they made a post on Facebook what version people are using. And according from Zentyal the 8.0 is planned in Feb. I think 7.1 are working well ?
« Last post by foeke on December 08, 2023, 10:38:52 am »
Hi Luke,
What is the current status with 8.0?
If I understand correctly, Zentyal does not do Beta testing by users. But if you can use it, I'd be happy to make myself available.
7.1 had quite a few nonsensical settings that a beta tester had removed (for example, why on earth would you only free up 100Gb on your LVM).
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10