Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Installation and Upgrades / Re: Request for help with Zentyal 6.0
« Last post by webmaster on May 11, 2021, 01:58:56 pm »
Hello there,

To manage Zentyal (via CLI and GUI), you need to have access to the 'root' user of the system or to a user that belongs to the 'sudo' group of the system. If you don´t have access to any of these, you can recover a forgotten 'root' password following this tutorial: https://itsfoss.com/how-to-hack-ubuntu-password/

If you are interested in a Commercial Zentyal Edition and official support, do not hesitate to contact the Sales Team at sales (at) zentyal.com to find out about available options.

BR.
Installation and Upgrades / Request for help with Zentyal 6.0
« Last post by randyrf on May 11, 2021, 04:15:25 am »
Hello all.   I'm in need of some assistance / direction!

A friend of mine has a small accounting / tax prep company, and her IT admin person recently passed away (actually he was murdered, but that's another thread)..   At any rate, she reached out to me since I have IT experience to try and help her out, and here's what I found.

She is running a SMALL network, with 5-6 workstations.  they are  connected to a server in her utility room, running Linux, and Zentyal 6.0

I had previously heard of Zentyal, but have NO experience with it.   I poked around a bit, and found that it's running on a VM  on a relatively weak server.   Needless to say there is ZERO documentation including passwords.

The only access we have is via the users accounts (who all seem to be ADMINISTRATORS)   but I still am not able to access the server's admin page.  either DIRECTLY from the console, or from the Web service.

Right now they are *mostly* ok, but it's a ticking time bomb just waiting for something to happen.   

So, my question is this.   IDK if I am doing something wrong, or missing something but as I stated, I CANNOT log into the admin console. I would like some info / guidance as to how to proceed, and / or get into the darn thing.   Am willing to PAY someone who can either guide me, or Remote in via Teamviewer, etc and get me started.

Thanks much, I look forward to hearing from one (or more) of you.

=Randy
Directory and Authentication / bitlocker question
« Last post by killmasta93 on May 11, 2021, 12:55:18 am »
Hi
I was wondering if bitlocker recovery keys can be saved though GPO?
I was looking but could not find

Thank you
Other modules / OpenVPN module profile files (like OpenVPN access server)
« Last post by spalekg on May 09, 2021, 05:47:54 pm »
Hi,

Is it possible that the Zentyal OpenVPN module creates a .ovpn profile file with certificates included inside the single file (not as a bundle with separate files)? Something like OpenVPN AS generating profile files.

Certificate files should be inside the profile file in tags:

<ca>
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
-----END CERTIFICATE-----
</ca>
<cert>
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
-----END CERTIFICATE-----
</cert>
<key>
-----BEGIN PRIVATE KEY-----
-----END PRIVATE KEY-----
</key>
<tls-auth>
-----BEGIN OpenVPN Static key V1-----
-----END OpenVPN Static key V1-----
</tls-auth>

That should be much easier for using and deploying.

Also maybe it will be nice that OpenVPN Connect client can use API (REST or XML-RPC) to obtain profile file from URL (like from OpenVPN AS) on the Zentyal side. With this clients can obtain profiles directly in the OpenVPN Connect app on their devices via URL to API on Zentyal automatically.
Installation and Upgrades / Change network mask
« Last post by xsynek@volny.cz on May 08, 2021, 05:51:15 pm »
Hi,
I have Zentyal version 5.0.
When I am changing network mask on interface by administration page I get error: Network interface is empty.
What is wrong? Is it possible to make mask change directly on some config file?
I know that /etc/network/interfaces is overwriten by each restart. I check network MAS file, but there is only script and I can't find where is data source for this script.
Can some help me?

BR Petr
Installation and Upgrades / Re: No graphic desktop after last update.
« Last post by Alex_BCN on May 07, 2021, 11:04:47 am »
try to press on the keyboard

ctrl + alt + f7

Thank you! It works.
Installation and Upgrades / Re: No graphic desktop after last update.
« Last post by cleitonme on May 06, 2021, 07:10:18 pm »
try to press on the keyboard

ctrl + alt + f7
Spanish / Habilitar / deshabilitar servidor VPN desde línea de comandos
« Last post by jldalla on May 06, 2021, 07:02:28 pm »
Hola, muy buenas tardes. Espero que estén muy bien.

Necesito realizar un script, para ejecutar desde la línea de comandos, que pueda habilitar o deshabilitar uno de los servidores VPN configurados.

Si yo ejecutara: myvpn.pl 3 "off"
El script myvpn.pl debería desactivar la VPN 3 y aplicar los cambios.

Cualquier ejemplo o idea... más que bienvenida.

Cuando realizo esta tarea desde la interfaz gráfica se actualiza el campo "service", en el registro de la VPN en cuestión, de "1" a "0" (o al revés).

Cordialmente,
José Luis.
Installation and Upgrades / No graphic desktop after last update.
« Last post by Alex_BCN on May 06, 2021, 04:45:03 pm »
Zentyal 7.04 here. Last update broken my desktop. Everytime I reboot it goes to console login/pass. No splash screen, no nothing.

What can i do? Thank you.
Other modules / Re: DNS server error when restarting
« Last post by kcurtis on May 04, 2021, 02:47:14 pm »
No one has any idea?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10