Author Topic: [SOLVED] Access to Webmin from other PCs on network  (Read 2423 times)

riteman

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
[SOLVED] Access to Webmin from other PCs on network
« on: March 18, 2012, 02:30:07 pm »
I have setup webmin on my zentyal server and can acces the GUI via port 10000 on the server itself. I am however not able to access it from other PCs on my network.
The port 10000 is closed when I scan from a 2nd PC - I have set up a new service named Webmin with port 10000 but still the port is not open
Any help?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 09:14:09 am by riteman »

Neru

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
Re: Access to Webmin from other PCs on network
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 03:22:21 pm »
Hello riteman,

this seems like if the firewall was blocking the connections. Have you checked your firewall configuration?

stuartiannaylor

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 03:25:29 pm »
You need to have a look at the firewall documentation. http://doc.zentyal.org/en/firewall.html

The firewall is very easy to setup bearing in mind the options it gives. It is split into clear sections dependant on your position and direction of traffic. You should check what has been allowed on port 10000.
Firstly create a service for webmin then apply that service to the relevent sections.

Stuart

riteman

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 12:10:30 am »
Stuart was right.

I had created the service but forgotten to add it to the packet filter section controlling access from internal network to Zentyal - now able to use Webmin from any PC on the network

expertgeeks

• Forum Moderator
  • Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 09:25:57 am »
Glad to hear you got this fixed. Can you please change the subject of your original post so that it start with

[SOLVED] Access to Webmin...

to help other users with the same problem find your posts? Thanks.