Author Topic: Firefox window heads south under VNC/KVM display  (Read 2123 times)

solique

Firefox window heads south under VNC/KVM display
« on: May 10, 2011, 04:20:56 pm »
Hello,

I've just installed the latest zentyal stable under KVM on a proxmox server. It installs fine but the display with what I think was Firefox has some problems - it starts moving off the bottom of the display and the display flickers. CPU is at 100%. I've 'fixed' the problem by uninstall firefox, xorg and lxde, leaving me with just a terminal which is fine for me but not ideal. I can't see any issues in the tracker for this so I thought I'd post here to check if it was a known issue I'd just missed.

Thanks.

comedit

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Firefox window heads south under VNC/KVM display
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 12:11:46 pm »
I have the same issue, I do want the vnc interface (for intial configuration at least) I really don't understand the reason why it happens nor how to fix it.

half_life

• Bug Hunter
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Firefox window heads south under VNC/KVM display
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 06:09:31 am »
Same here with Xen and KVM.  Another user pointed me towards X2Go as a solution to the problem.  It works just fine with either hypervisor and gives you what you want.  After I installed it though,  I found that I didn't use it because the web gui and terminal interface is enough for management.