Author Topic: Problems with new e-mail server  (Read 1861 times)

kral

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Problems with new e-mail server
« on: February 09, 2012, 02:53:58 am »
Hello,

I've just installed my new mail server, internally it work fine, can send and receive.

I've registered my new domain in godaddy (never done that before) and i can't send and receive at 100%, as example, with hotmail.com i can´t send to it but can receive from it, with gmail it the opposite.

I think i have a "thing" with smtp in my ISP, i've asked them at their forum, but i think they do not allow smtp.

Is there any way that i can overcome this?

Cumps,

christian

Re: Problems with new e-mail server
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 07:31:54 am »
Hi,
It's no easy to make any conclusion from what you describe. I'll tend to say that if mail can be sent to some recipients (gmail) and received from some senders (hotmail) then, at least at protocol level, your ISP is not blocking anything (unless some specific rules "per domain"  :o )
In any case, your ISP does allow outgoing SMTP at least to their own SMTP.

Could you elaborate on what you have configured in term of MX and smart relay if any.
Then tool like DMXtoolbox will help checking that public side of your conf is correct.

kral

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 10:54:37 am »
Hello, Christian! Tks for your time (again) =)

I've checked in mxtoolbox site, and i have:

A record:mydomain.com with my public IP address

NS record:godaddy ns and also my ISP ns

MX record:mydomain.com with my public IP address

I think i have to configure something in my DNS in my box, but not sure of what to configure. Am i correct? I have done some changes in DNS last night and today i can't even send mails to external domains.

HELP!!!

christian

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 03:09:38 pm »
So, you have 2 DNS handling your domain and MX record for this domains points to your IP, meaning (I hope) Zentyal server behind.
MXtoolbox should have contacted your MTA (e.g. to check whenever relay is open or not) meaning your MTA is reachable and problem is somewhere else isn't it?

kral

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2012, 03:47:34 pm »
Tks for your quick answer yes... it's correct.

I had a bad configuration.

Configured the relay not my smtp server but ISP smtp, so... removed that and added godaddy mx records in DNS and it's working just perfect.

Now... new issue!!! (some day i'll become a solution tester for Zentyal)

Dynamic DNS service it's not working i can subscribe in zentyal server it shows "Connected" but in Zentyal Cloud i can see the host but only can see this msg "This feature is only available from 2.1 onwards. If you have already upgraded, then check your DynDNS configuration settings" and i can see also that "System Load" it's at 0.0

Tks
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 03:53:16 pm by kral »

vshaulsk

• Zen Samurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 04:16:43 pm »
The system monitor can be restart by issuing the command  sudo /etc/init.d/zentyal monitor restart    wait about 15 to 30 minutes and you should start seeing your monitor settings in the cloud

kral

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2012, 11:19:13 am »
The system monitor can be restart by issuing the command  sudo /etc/init.d/zentyal monitor restart    wait about 15 to 30 minutes and you should start seeing your monitor settings in the cloud

Tks vshaulsk but still the same...in console with sudo /etc/init.d/zentyal monitor status it shows running but in zentyal cloud still stopped.

what can i do more to solve this?

Regards,

vshaulsk

• Zen Samurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2012, 03:33:59 pm »
I have had several issues with the zentyal cloud not properly displaying my connection to them.  After contacting them directly they sent me a couple of helpful emails.  I am not even a paying customer and they helped me out a lot !!!

Basically what they told me is that the cloud simply collects data sent by zentyal.... it does not actually pull the data.

This means that the problem should be on the zentyal side.

Below are some commands they sent me.... one was for restarting the zentyal VPN and the other was for restarting the zentyal cloud updater.

Zentyal cloud updater = sudo /etc/init.d/ddclient restart (they told me to look at the logs to see if the ddclient successfully updated the cloud)

openVPN = sudo /etc/init.d/zentyal openvpn restart

Also I found just because zentyal monitor says it is working does not mean it is updating properly.  I find that a restart command solves the issue.

kral

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2012, 03:42:51 pm »
I'll try them out, tks for helping vshaulsk. But i now new issue... Jesus, seams that i'm an issue maker!!!

I was permitting in firewall vpn network to reach internal network with 443 port and CPU don't stop to be at 100% and i can't restart firewall service.

Any idea to solve this?

Regards,