Author Topic: login webinterface zentyal 2.3  (Read 13844 times)

johnbrand

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
login webinterface zentyal 2.3
« on: February 26, 2012, 08:41:44 pm »
I can't login to the webinterface on zentyal 2.3. I installed the latest versions.

I added a new admin group and added a user to that. But this didn't work.

In the zentyal.log I read the following.
2012/02/26 20:23:20 WARN> Auth.pm:160 EBox::Auth::authen_cred - Failed login from: 192.168.2.23
2012/02/26 20:23:27 WARN> Auth.pm:160 EBox::Auth::authen_cred - Failed login from: 192.168.2.23
2012/02/26 20:23:36 WARN> Auth.pm:160 EBox::Auth::authen_cred - Failed login from: 192.168.2.23
2012/02/26 20:23:52 WARN> Auth.pm:160 EBox::Auth::authen_cred - Failed login from: 192.168.2.23
2012/02/26 20:24:05 WARN> Auth.pm:160 EBox::Auth::authen_cred - Failed login from: 192.168.2.23

I can't get it to work. Could somebody please help me.

--John
--John

johnbrand

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: login webinterface zentyal 2.3
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 09:38:58 pm »
Could somebody please give me more information on solving my problem or tell me what information is missing in my question.

--John
--John

Marcus

• Forum Moderator
  • Zen Samurai
    • View Profile
    • Professional IT Service
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 02:17:08 pm »
Hello johnbrand,

Could you please make sure that your user is in the "admin" group ?

From a terminal:
Code: [Select]
sudo adduser johnbrand admin
Regarding the previous line;
- johnbrand is the username
- admin is the group

Best,

Marcus

btibuzz

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 01:18:13 am »
Hi

Have what sounds like the same problem...

System is a new build...

installed a Ubuntu Server 11 via cd (ssh & DHCP server only options selected) then did a distribution upgrade to 12.04.

One user 'paul'  (who is in the admin group), Set up fixed IP address and DHCP ranges., Installed xorg, openbox, and firefox.

Setup the 2.3 sources (also added the 2.2 extra) then did apt-get install zentyal (during install prompts to set up the password for mysql - used the same password as for 'paul')

Apache is up - can get to the Zentyal login page, but that's it. No users work.

Added a new user 'administrator' - (same password again) added them to the admin group no joy. Also tried setting the ebox user password to the same as the others and adding it to the admin group still nothing.

All the modules appear to be installed ok and running. I'm a bit lost - don't understand the authentication processes, so just trying all the logs at the moment looking for clues. Found the authentication errors mentioned above in the /var/log/zentyal/zentyal.log but nothing else.

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers

btibuzz

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 12:37:29 pm »
Follow up to previous post - I repeated my previous efforts over the weekend, and got 2.3 working eventually.

Only difference was a completely clean install of 12.04 B1 from a CD rather than installing 11.10 and the do-release-upgrade -d.

Everything else was exactly the same, same network set up, same users, same passwords etc - got to assume that there was something broken in the 11.10-12.04 Upgrade path?

Not a comprehensive answer, and a lot of starting from scratch - I am really interested in Zentyal functionality and 2.2 would do the job, but there's a hardware compatability issue with my test rig and pre 11.10 version of server, so only option is 2.3 (except for 2.2 in a VM on a >11.10 Server which I did also get working, but not sure if the memory/processor is man enough for that job)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 12:40:37 pm by btibuzz »

exekias

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Big Bug Theory
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 01:35:16 pm »
Hi guys,

Probably the problem here is that Zentyal is not aware of the change you did in the user. You will need to restart Zentyal Administration GUI to get it working:

/etc/init.d/zentyal apache restart

Did it work for you?

Best regards,

btibuzz

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 01:51:26 pm »
Hey Exekias

Personally I did try try restarting apache2 also tried the whole zentyal restart

ie... service zentyal start - something like that that restarts all the zentyal modules  including zentyal apache and they all came back ok.

This was a testbed with no data so I rebooted the server and same story, no issues, but no login.

The only thing I ever saw was a failure for user ebox to chroot, but that was when I forgot to sudo the service restart.

Also the user I used to install Zentyal 'paul' in my case was already admin prior to the install.

johnbrand

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2012, 03:28:13 pm »
I added the user already and rebooted the server. This didn't fix the problem.

Will now reinstall the server and try everything again. The current version is installed from the latest ubuntu 12.04 (precise) version.

The main reason for me running zentyal 2.3 is that I also have hardware issues with the older version of ubuntu.
--John

johnbrand

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2012, 04:35:11 pm »
I reinstalled the server. It's a VM, so this doesn't take ages.

I still can't log in to the admin.

2012/03/05 16:26:15 WARN> Auth.pm:160 EBox::Auth::authen_cred - Failed login from: 192.168.2.210

Just to check. The admin group isn't there yet and you need to add it with.
"groupadd admin" and then add an user "useradd -G admin john".

When I check in what group the user is added I get the following.
root@fw1:~# groups john
john : john admin

I hope we can get this solved.
--John

johnbrand

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2012, 09:15:32 pm »
I solved the problem. In this version "/etc/security/zentyal.conf" look for a user in the sudo group. So add you user to the sudo group and you have access. Thanks everybody for helping to solve this problem.
--John

jjmontes

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2012, 11:52:52 am »
Yes, there is no 'admin' group in Ubuntu Precise... but a group 'adm' does exist. The 'adm' group provides access to some logs and other system files.

The default /etc/sudoers file, however, refers to an 'admin' group (I believe this is a mistake), but also to a 'sudo' group (which does exist).

Group "sudo" seems to be the new way to go for users to be able to become root through sudo.

If anyone has more information, please comment on :).

cskc

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2012, 02:40:11 pm »
Ok - I'm glad to see I'm not alone with this problem.

I've tried everything that's been suggested and it still doesn't let me get at the Zentyal dashboard - at all!

So far... I've tried the 32 and 64 bit versions of Zentyal 2.3 - in both VMware Fusion and Virtualbox. Both systems install fast and apparently correctly..... but as soon as it tries to start the dashboard, the message comes back 'Unable to connect' referring to the server at localhost.

Has anyone else got something that fixes the problem?

jjmontes

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2012, 11:07:27 am »
I've tried everything that's been suggested and it still doesn't let me get at the Zentyal dashboard - at all!

So far... I've tried the 32 and 64 bit versions of Zentyal 2.3 - in both VMware Fusion and Virtualbox. Both systems install fast and apparently correctly..... but as soon as it tries to start the dashboard, the message comes back 'Unable to connect' referring to the server at localhost.

Has anyone else got something that fixes the problem?

Hello!

I think that might well be a different story than what was discussed here. Could you please post your question into a new thread so we stay on topic and you have more chances to get proper responses? :).

box

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2012, 02:06:18 pm »
if you are using Ubuntu 12.04

this will do the trick :

adduser youruser sudo

GmanPsycho

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2012, 07:05:44 am »
Thanks Box your suggestion did the trick for me.