Author Topic: Monitoring NOT working Zentyal 2.2  (Read 2101 times)

jabadi

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Monitoring NOT working Zentyal 2.2
« on: February 12, 2012, 05:02:52 pm »
Hi, I've searched the forums for answers on this topic but found none, so I'm starting a new one.

I'm using Zentyal as a Gateway/router in my office network, and about 2 months ago I rebooted the system and since then the Monitoring module stopped working, all I get are straight lines in the graphs.  In order to try and solve this problem I have done the following: Restart the module from the Dashboard, uninstalled and installed the module from the Module Status Configuration and rebooted the system several times.  None of this actions have solved the problem, and the only other option I can think of is to do a complete reinstall of Zentyal.

I would appreciate any help on this matter.

vshaulsk

• Zen Samurai
    • View Profile
Re: Monitoring NOT working Zentyal 2.2
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 02:21:34 pm »
you can try doing a sudo /etc/init.d/zentyal monitor restart     or start      through the command line and see if this solves your problem.

jabadi

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 04:19:05 pm »
vshaulsk thanks for your help, I tried restarting the monitor,several times, from the CLI but it didn't fix the problem.

vshaulsk

• Zen Samurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 04:49:58 pm »
Yesterday my monitoring stopped working as well..... could it be from an update???

Mine will not work unless I disconnect from the zentyal cloud...  If I disconnect the server monitoring graphs kick right back on.  However as soon as I connect they stop working....

If you are connected to the cloud could you disconnect and see if your monitoring starts back up???  Perhaps we have the same issue !!

jabadi

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 09:40:00 pm »
Hi, I just tried unsubscribing my Zentyal server from the cloud, and the monitoring graphs kicked right in.  You can see it clearly in the screen image attached.  this definetly looks like a bug

vshaulsk

• Zen Samurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 10:10:34 pm »
Ok... wow I thought I was going crazy.... I just got my zentyal server (and a couple of zentyal VM instances) up and running after a motherboard failure.  Everything was working correct over the weekend and then this happened yesterday. 

I think it is a result of an update.  I believe I updated the cloud application and it caused the issue......

Now the question is why and how to fix it ?????

jabadi

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2012, 03:04:09 pm »
vshaulsk, I opened a ticket for this bug, the number is 3824