Author Topic: LDAP email and jabber authentication fails with NEW users only  (Read 1706 times)

Alberto Perez

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
LDAP email and jabber authentication fails with NEW users only
« on: February 11, 2012, 03:42:03 am »
Hi every one,
I have a pretty rare issue and I can't find any solutions, so this is my last resource to find some help from you guys,
here is the thing:
I have a master/slave ldap configuration distributed in 3 servers,
1) LDAP Master server
2) Gateway with HTTP proxy perfectly authenticating and syncronized with the LDAP MASTER
3) Email and Jabber server, and here is the problem.
After a fresh install of this server it get registered in ldap master and also syncronization works, no pending actions.

Jabber and Email accounts for those user that already existed in the ldap master before installation works fine, there is no problem authenticating those users, BUT....., when i add new users to ldap master, replication take effect immediately in email/jabber ldap slave, and im available to activate email and jabber account for these new users, but they can authenticate, webmail authentication fail and also jabber authentication.
Im new to zentyal and to ldap and im without clue, at the same time i have "old accounts" (before email/jabber server instalation) working fine and "new accounts" failing to authenticate.

If i reinstall from zero the server, the got the same result. Everything is almost like default.

I have useless tested disabling all firewalls and also adding Allow all rules to every firewall rule type.

Finally, also take into consideration that this new users does authenticate fine in http proxy.

Please help!!!!

Thanks a lot in advance.

Alberto Perez

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: LDAP email and jabber authentication fails with NEW users only
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 04:05:25 am »
Please also note that Old users Home folders appear after email/jabber slave is registered in master but no home folder are created for new users.