Author Topic: Errors during Configuration Backup  (Read 2141 times)

daneck

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Errors during Configuration Backup
« on: January 03, 2009, 03:19:57 am »
New install of Ubuntu 8.10 and ebox.  Since the install I've added 3 drives as RAID5 w/ spare (don't think this has anything to do with the error, but thought I'd mention it).  After setting up file sharing, one group with two users I attempted to do a Configuration Backup and keep getting errors similar to the following:

Some error has happened in eBox:

root command /usr/sbin/slapcat -f /etc/ldap/slapd.conf > /var/lib/ebox/conf//backup.h78qSF/aux/users.bak/ldap.ldif failed. Error output

I've attempted 4 backups and the only thing that changes is the backup.XXXXXXX/ stuff.

I'm new to Linux, Ubuntu and of course eBox, so don't know my way around the system enough to figure this out on my own.  This is currently a 'test' project of mine, so I'm not worried about any loss of data or the need to do a fresh install again.  (Lord knows I've done about 20 installs of server OS and several control panels in the past week already playing around and messing things up) ;D

Any suggestions on how to identify and correct the problem would be greatly appreciated.

I hope everyone has a safe and happy New Year!

daneck

javi

• Zen Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Errors during Configuration Backup
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 07:33:30 pm »
Could you please run the following command and tell us if you get an error.

Code: [Select]
sudo /usr/sbin/slapcat -f /etc/ldap/slapd.conf > /tmp

The way slapd stores its configuration has changed from 8.04 to 8.10,  that could be the reason. I'll try to take a look into it soon.

daneck

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 08:45:57 pm »
Results are:

-bash: /tmp: Is a directory

I might just end up doing another clean install.  I just enabled the webserver and it won't start.  Goes through and reports that it started, but then still shows stopped.  :(

daneck

javi

• Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 08:54:33 pm »
Sorry  I meant:

Code: [Select]
sudo /usr/sbin/slapcat -f /etc/ldap/slapd.conf > /tmp/foo

Goes through and reports that it started, but then still shows stopped.

You will probably have another web server listening on the port 80.

daneck

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 04:59:04 pm »
Results:

could not stat config file "/etc/ldap/slapd.conf": No such file or directory (2) slapcat: bad configuration file!

Thanks for taking the time to assist.

daneck

javi

• Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2009, 06:27:21 pm »
Thanks, that's pretty useful to narrow down the issue. I'll get back to you soon.

Javier Amor Garcia

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2009, 03:29:01 pm »
Hi daneck,
  you have hit a known problem, newer version of slapd don;t ought to have a config file and the basckup process assummed they always have.

This bug is fixed in the development branch and it will be published in the next version.

Here you have the changeset : https://trac.ebox-platform.com:1443/changeset/11644

If you need a quick fudge you can replace the file /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Ldap.pm with this version: https://trac.ebox-platform.com:1443/export/11644/trunk/client/usersandgroups/src/EBox/Ldap.pm

If you do so you must restart the webserver afterwards with this command:
/etc/init.d/ebox apache restart

Cheers,
  Javier