Author Topic: save the startup resolution in 2.2  (Read 2203 times)

Remon

• Zen Monk
  • Luctor et emergo
    • View Profile
save the startup resolution in 2.2
« on: December 08, 2011, 11:04:13 pm »
Maybe this is specific to my hardware, but its really annoying..

Every time I reboot the screen resolution is 800x600, then I set to to 1024x768 and its fine until i reboot again.
How can I make this permanent?

robb

Re: save the startup resolution in 2.2
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 09:50:04 pm »
You mean you actualy log in on the server itself? Why not from your workstation and connect to the webgui from there. For commandline you can use ssh. I _never_ log in directly on a (zentyal)server. There is simply no need.

Remon

• Zen Monk
  • Luctor et emergo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 11:39:26 pm »
Well I do...  8)
It saves me from defining yet another Vm, and saves me from drilling unneeded holes in the firewall configurations. All demo's for instant are visualized and the desktops are used then.

So how to set it permanent?

half_life

• Bug Hunter
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 04:43:44 am »
X2go is your friend in circumstances like these. It is basically remote desktop via ssh.  Works nicely here.

Remon

• Zen Monk
  • Luctor et emergo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 07:42:07 pm »
X2go is your friend in circumstances like these. It is basically remote desktop via ssh.  Works nicely here.

Thanks for the hint, could you tell more? The X2go i find is a terminal server setup based on debian.

half_life

• Bug Hunter
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 10:06:16 pm »
X2go as you say is a terminal service.  It listens for connections via ssh and tunnels through a remote desktop connection to the server.  The benefit over other solutions is that you can disconnect an re-connect without terminating the user session.  Because it is a remote session,  the video settings are negotiated at connect time.  You can have your video settings the way you want and get remote (even works offsite) desktop to boot. I am able to access my servers from my desktop or at home with no real loss of performance.  You can set up Zentyal to only allow connectivity offsite from specific ip addresses or just use VPN.