Author Topic: [Solved] Not Accessible: Samba file shares after reinstall and restore.  (Read 3361 times)

batonac

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
I accidentally crashed our Zentyal file server, bad enough that I decided to install Zentyal on a new machine and copy the files over.  I was happy that a configuration restore copied all of my settings over, including the users and file shares, and I get a share listing successfully on all clients, but the file shares are not accessible to any clients.  From windows, I get a message, "Share is not accessible.  You might not have permission to use this network resource.  Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.  The network path was not found."

When I try to access a share using smbclient, I get the error, "tree connect failed: NT_STATUS_BAD_NETWORK_NAME"

I can't find any logs reports that seem to relate to the issue, but maybe I'm not looking at the write place. o_O  Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 06:08:38 pm by batonac »

batonac

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Well, I did just find an interesting log entry.  Every time I try to access a share (in this case, 'Documents' share from \\accountingpc), I get this error in my /var/log/samba/accountingpc log:

Code: [Select]
[2011/12/02 10:23:19,  0] smbd/vfs.c:175(vfs_init_custom)
  Can't find a vfs module [vscan-clamav]
[2011/12/02 10:23:19,  0] smbd/vfs.c:322(smbd_vfs_init)
  smbd_vfs_init: vfs_init_custom failed for vscan-clamav
[2011/12/02 10:23:19,  0] smbd/service.c:846(make_connection_snum)
  vfs_init failed for service Documents

So it seems that the problem is with the Antivirus integration.  I tried disabling, enabling, uninstalling and reinstalling this module but without avail.  Any hope??  :'(

batonac

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Ok, I just migrated to Zentyal 2.2 from 2.0 and it seems to have fixed the issue.

batonac

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Not Accessible: Samba file shares after reinstall and restore.
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 05:33:10 pm »
Opps, I seem to have spoken too soon!  I can now access the directory structure of the shares and see all files, but access it denied when I try to open them.  I can even create files, but then can't open them to edit them!! 

Update:  as soon as I added a share to the antivirus exceptions list, it worked!  :o
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 05:07:29 pm by batonac »