Author Topic: [SOLVED] UserCorner external e-mail malfunction after migration.  (Read 1707 times)

Trym

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
[SOLVED] UserCorner external e-mail malfunction after migration.
« on: November 29, 2011, 01:19:24 am »
I've in vain tried to get external e-mail in usercorner to work after migrating to 2.2.

As part of a process I'm doing anyway I've virtualised the physical machines, re-configured the network and then tried to migrate. The migration itself is succesful, but after installing user-corner and enabling it (since it's now a separate module) it gives an error message when trying to access the "External e-mail retreival" page. No external mail gets fetched either. I've gone back to the original 2.0-image and tried various combinations of ticking and unticking options in different modules before the migration, always with the same outcome.

The logs give no info I can relate to this error, the usercorner module is not reporting any errors I can find.

Does anybody have any clue? Purging existing data for usercorner is not an option.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 12:05:30 am by Trym »

jsalamero

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
Re: UserCorner external e-mail malfunction after migration.
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 06:19:48 am »
Please, check /var/log/zentyal-usercorner/*.log and be a bit more descriptive with the error :)

Trym

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: UserCorner external e-mail malfunction after migration.
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 06:06:29 pm »
The error message is just the standard "An internal error has occurred. This is most probably a bug, relevant information can be found in the logs. Please look for the details in the /var/log/zentyal/zentyal.log file and take a minute to submit a bug report so we can fix the issue as soon as possible."

I examined the logs in zentyal-usercorner, and zentyal-usercorner/zentyal.log shows this:
Code: [Select]
2011/11/29 17:58:30 ERROR> ExternalAccounts.pm:259 EBox::Mail::Model::ExternalAccounts::row - Unknown mail protocol: xxxxxxxx

where "xxxxxxxx" is the password for one of the user's external pop-accounts, so it seems to be a parsing-error. ('m guessing that the migration script does not convert the data for external accounts to the new format that the new usercorner expects.)

(Attaching all 4 logs in log/zentyal-usercorner, edited to remove password revealed in log. This is immediately after the migration, installing usercorner and trying to access external e-mail page for one user.)

« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 06:33:03 pm by Trym »

Trym

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: [SOLVED] UserCorner external e-mail malfunction after migration.
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 12:06:32 am »
Marking this as [SOLVED] since no further responses were given although I supplied the requested information, I've made a ticket in trac instead.