Author Topic: Newcomer - more options for email, FTP and HTTP services?  (Read 6001 times)

-pekr-

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
Re: Newcomer - more options for email, FTP and HTTP services?
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2011, 03:42:09 pm »
Damned - I am an incompetent pirate :-)

I expected some things are going to be removed, so I made a screenshots. However, after apt-get install zentyal-mail, there is no Webmail section in the portal! If removing the package takes-down the webmaill, reinstalling the package should put it back ;-)

Well, I did it visually in portal (not knowing the package name), added back webmail, and the messages seems to be still there.

Hovewer - the most important thing - the problem remains. I can add virtual mail aliases, and see them visible, only for first virtual domain. Starting to add aliases for another domains, I once again am receiving an error :-(

-pekr-

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2011, 04:21:52 pm »
So - the problem persist - should I add a bug ticket, and close the thread? I would like to know, if this issue is going to be fixed. Reinstalling the service did not resolve the situation ...

jsalamero

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2011, 11:37:38 am »
This is not a reproducible error but something that went funny in your configuration backend, purge and reinstall or get ready for deep debugging :)

-pekr-

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2011, 05:10:56 pm »
I already purged and reinstalled, and re-edited user settings, with the same effect. Dunno what's funny about that, except the fact, that it was hardly me, who messed with the system, but rather being a programmer's fault :-)

Where's the virtual domain and its aliases stored? Some postgress table? How do I access that info, to chek out? :-) In other words - how do I become more familiar with system internals, development under Zentyal, etc.? :-)

jsalamero

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2011, 07:26:23 pm »
The "Missing element: row" error probably comes from a corruption in the redis database, have a look at its contents with /usr/share/zentyal/redisvi and look for undefined values.

To edit LDAP you can use /usr/share/zentyal/ldapvi.

Be extremely careful as you can break things making changes there :)

-pekr-

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2011, 05:19:55 pm »
Well, I looked into redis db using your suggestion, and copied out all related stuff:

All virtual mail domains defined:

key: /ebox/modules/mail/VDomains/keys/vdomain.idx
type: hash
value:
  2zone-media.cz: '{"vdom629":1}'
  elviona.cz: '{"vdom9116":1}'
  vertuzo.cz: '{"vdom6111":1}'
  xidys.com: '{"vdom3452":1}'

2zone-media.cz
--------------

In virtual domain alias list, two aliases are defined - 2zone.cz, and 2zonemedia.cz, but only the 2zone.cz is visible ...

key: /ebox/modules/mail/VDomains/keys/vdom629/aliases/keys/alias.idx
value:
  2zone.cz: '{"vdom9478":1}'
  2zonemedia.cz: '{"vdom2559":1}'

key: /ebox/modules/mail/VDomains/keys/vdom629/aliases/keys/vdom9478/alias
type: string
value: 2zone.cz

key: /ebox/modules/mail/VDomains/keys/vdom629/aliases/keys/vdom2559/alias
value: 2zonemedia.cz

Xidys.com
---------

I have 4 aliases defined. This domain (xidys.com) was entered first, and all its virtual aliases

are visible. With every other domain and its alias, I am receiving the "Missing element: row" error

message when I try to add virtual domain alias. Hovewer - it works, just is not visible in the list ...

key: /ebox/modules/mail/VDomains/keys/vdom3452/aliases/keys/alias.idx
value:
  alldigital.cz: '{"vdom5556":1}'
  x-zone-internet.cz: '{"vdom8076":1}'
  xidys.cz: '{"vdom3390":1}'
  xidyscomp.cz: '{"vdom724":1}'

key: /ebox/modules/mail/VDomains/keys/vdom3452/aliases/keys/vdom5556/alias
value: alldigital.cz

key: /ebox/modules/mail/VDomains/keys/vdom3452/aliases/keys/vdom8076/alias
value: x-zone-internet.cz

key: /ebox/modules/mail/VDomains/keys/vdom3452/aliases/keys/vdom3390/alias
value: xidys.cz

key: /ebox/modules/mail/VDomains/keys/vdom3452/aliases/keys/vdom724/alias
value: xidyscomp.cz

I could notice, that those keys-values above are not the only records, related to virtual domains and their aliases, but as you can see above, all pointers to vdoms seems to be OK, nothing misguided here. I really wonder what the problem is, and I start to think that I will have to live with that problem. I am not even sure that the server reinstallation and importing of config would work, becaue I tried to uninstall the email service and did everything from scratch, to no avail, and I don't want to redefine everything from scratch manually including full server reinstall.

Hopefully my config is not much twisted, so we can survive future updates/upgrades ...

airtonix

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2012, 02:43:23 am »
If testtown.com is a mail domain alias for testone.com, mail sent to whoever@testtwo.com will be delivered to whoever@testone.com, assunming such mail address exists, obviously.
In such case, there is no need to define alias on per user basis because this is handled at domain level.

On the other hand, if you have a third domain, let say testthree.com, you may want mails sent to admin@testthree.com to be delivered to webmaster@testone.com.
Is it clearer like this?

This needs to be part of this page : http://doc.zentyal.org/en/mail.html#e-mail-account-creation-through-virtual-domains