Author Topic: [SOLVED] Outlook IMAP stops sending on some users a few days after installation  (Read 3118 times)

sapphiron

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Hi All

On the weekend I did a new install of Zentyal 2.2.5 at a client.

I am not using the groupware module, just standard mail.  I did have it installed, but removed it again.

When I first deployed the users desktops using Imap and importing their old mail from PST's, all was fine.

Users are windows XP and windows 7 with Outlook 2007

now about half the users cannot send email.  they get an "Unknown error 80040201"

users are able to send mail via webmail.  It is not affecting all users, but today it affects more people than yesterday.

mailboxes are set to unlimited quota's, so are the user's quota's.

Bizzarely, I am able to do test send and receives from the email accounts page in Outlook 2007

Please help
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 10:07:04 am by sapphiron »

ichat

• Zen Hero
  • RTFM!
    • View Profile
Re: Outlook IMAP stops sending on some users a few days after installation
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 09:08:58 am »
if you imported thair old mail from an exchange server,  that might be the reason why you are getting this error, since google lists  the error:  Unknown error 80040201  < as a problem with your outlook profile...   

for example here in a thread from 2005 (wich was later reported to also have worked for office 2007, someone recomends recreating the outlook profile...   

did you try google'ing the error as it seams to be an error related to the MS office email client no using its own mapi conection instead of pop3 or imap... 

hoping that this wil shed some light onto your situation,

All tips hints and advices are based on my personal experience.
As I try my best to be as accurate as possible, following my advice is always at your own risk,
I claim absolutely NO responsibility in any way!

sapphiron

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Outlook IMAP stops sending on some users a few days after installation
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 10:06:46 am »
Hi, Thanks for the input, I found the problem

I also imported the users's NK2 files that had with the exchange server.  The problem was the exchange type entries in that address book.  The zentyal mail server could not make sense of them.

I used NK2view from here:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/outlook_nk2_autocomplete.html

I soreted via type and deleted all the exchange type entries. 

All sorted  ;D ;D ;D