Author Topic: Is there a localization group for Swedish?  (Read 3483 times)

Kirill

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Is there a localization group for Swedish?
« on: July 25, 2011, 12:35:40 pm »
Hey all!

This will be my first post on here, but not my last...  8)

I just wounder, how many active Swedes is in here? And is there a a localization group for the Swedish?
If not? I'm willing to start one... :)

To do a short introduction about me:

Name: Pontus, aka. Kirill!
Job title: IT-Consult with the main direction of FOSS!  ;)
OS: Ubuntu Linux on my lappy, Ubuntu Server on my Server and pfSense on my GW!

Why do I want to be a part of Zentyal? First off, I'm the Team Contact for Ubuntu Sweden. Has been that for the last ~ 2 years...
And have a background as a translator here in Sweden. But mainly, I want the Swedish part to be 100% correct so I can show
Zentyal for my customers that want to run Linux as SBS. ;D

Best regards
Kirill

J. A. Calvo

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
    • http://blogs.zentyal.org/jacalvo
Re: Is there a localization group for Swedish?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 01:22:39 pm »
Don't know how many of the Swedes are active, but the number of registered users from Sweden in the forum is 69.

The localization of Zentyal is coordinated at the i18n list: http://lists.zentyal.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/zentyal-i18n

And as far as I know there is nobody in charge of the Swedish localization, so we are very pleased with your offering :)

Thanks and best regards!
Zentyal Server Lead Developer

J. A. Calvo

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
    • http://blogs.zentyal.org/jacalvo
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 01:26:44 pm »
As you may already know, Zentyal translation to Swedish progress is 68% (http://translate.zentyal.org/sv/) so with a little effort from the Swedish community it would be great to have it completely translated.

Moreover, in Zentyal 2.2 we have a new i18n system (consisting on separate language-pack packages), which will allow us to periodically release translation updates. This was very different on the past (translation had to be completed before the release), so let's hope this change will motivate translators :)
Zentyal Server Lead Developer

Kirill

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 09:10:46 am »
Have posted on the maillist, just to see if there is some Swedes on that one.  :o
Have also posted a mail to Mateo Burillo about this... :)

Cheers
Kirill

jsalamero

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2011, 01:31:09 pm »
All translation efforts are more than welcomed, if you don't find anybody else working on your language, just step ahead and start translating yourself!

Kirill

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 09:33:47 am »
I've only found One more from Sweden active, and therefore is may lack of making a International part for us to discuss in Swedish?

Cheers
Kirill aka. Pontus

tuxmania

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2011, 11:00:18 am »
Im doing some translating from time to time on Zentyal whenever i have the time. Would be great with a group as i think its very hard to translate many network terms into anything even remotely helpful in Swedish. Either you translate literarely and lose the true meaning of the original or you translate by meaning and nobody recognizes what you mean.

TropiRed

• Zen Apprentice
  • Internet via Wi-Fi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2011, 12:16:45 am »
Hey guys, another bloke from Sweden here - and one under the radar, as I live in Spain and speak Spanish and English. It does make those 69 look like 70.

The language issue in regards to the terminology of networks is not really such a challenge, most is straight forward English and the rest is a kind of "Swedification" at best.

I will have that locale down here for tomorrow and have a look at it. I suspect it is the mass of text needed translation that matters more than the actual content. After all, in how many ways can we say "Nätverkskonfiguration" ? ;)

//Mike

TropiRed

• Zen Apprentice
  • Internet via Wi-Fi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2011, 01:45:38 am »
A Q came up:
Did anyone think through the language guidelines for Swedish translations? I did some translations tonight and realised that I had no idea if we are using Du or Ni...

Not that I would ever use Ni to anyone in Swedish, but official print is official print.

:beer:

//Mike