Author Topic: Connection drops for less than a minute two to three times daily.  (Read 2085 times)

jaysauce

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Hi, I'm having an issue where the network drops for about 15 to 45 seconds two to three times every day. I'm wondering if anyone has any idea where I could start looking to troubleshoot the problem.

I called my ISP but they don't seem to be having problems on their end. They're monitoring it to see what the problem could be though.

Any thoughts on where I could start troubleshooting?

I attached an image of the network latency graph over the last day. As you can see it totally drops out.

half_life

• Bug Hunter
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Connection drops for less than a minute two to three times daily.
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 09:39:08 pm »
Do you have corresponding system load changes?

Javier Amor Garcia

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 12:15:45 pm »
Hello,

I suggest you to check at the files in /etc/cron* and the root contrabs to see whether is something scheduled at this time of the day.

Also I would look to the system logs to check if they have recorded something of note at those hours.

jaysauce

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 04:59:22 pm »
Here are two graphs, system load as well as network latency. I've been thinking about the crons, and I don't think it could be them. It doesn't happen at specific times during the day, just at random ones. I've also looked at the logs and don't see anything that could cause this. Right now I'm tailing two of the log files, syslog and debug. Once someone complains I'll take a look at it and see if I notice anything strange.