Author Topic: Integration with active directory + user based content filtering?  (Read 2280 times)

hvilppola

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Monk
    • View Profile
Hello!

We've received a message from Darren, asking if the following features are supported in eBox Platform. I'd very much appreciate if you could answer him and we could share the information with everybody else who might be interested. I'll re-direct him here. Thank you in advance :)!

We want to know if the following features are supported:

1) Integration with active directory. We want to be able to limit access by windows active directory users and groups in our existing domain controller (not the one built into ebox)

2) User-based content filtering. For each user, we want to be able to restrict them to a list of websites that they can go on, and deny all others

Please advise if these solutions are possible with the ebox system

thanks and best regards,
Darren

javi

• Zen Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Integration with active directory + user based content filtering?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 10:00:29 am »
Hi Darren,

1) Integration with active directory. We want to be able to limit access by windows active directory users and groups in our existing domain controller (not the one built into ebox)

Sorry, it doesn't support that.

2) User-based content filtering. For each user, we want to be able to restrict them to a list of websites that they can go on, and deny all others

We already support that in our development version, but again, using our LDAP.

Thanks!

poundjd

• Zen Warrior
  • To your own morals be true!
    • View Profile
Re: Integration with active directory + user based content filtering?
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 09:13:25 pm »
All,
     I was under the impression that AD had a LDAP interface to AD, am I wrong?

If I am not wrong what would be needed to use the LDAP from AD instead of the LDAP on eBox?

This would be a really cool and usefull feature.
-jeff
Jeffrey D. Pound, Sr.
CISSP
Still learning, hope to never stop!