Author Topic: Zentyal AD sync  (Read 3069 times)

kral

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Zentyal AD sync
« on: September 20, 2011, 02:43:39 pm »
Hello

I'm having problems configuring zentyal as a AD Slave

1- When i configure it shows a info that a problem occurs

"The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log."

2- After that i go to the module status and activate the "users and groups" and the following msg cames.
Some modules reported error when saving changes . More information on the logs in /var/log/zentyal/

The following modules failed while saving their changes, their state is unknown: users The following modules failed while saving their changes, their state is unknown: users at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/GlobalImpl.pm line 659 EBox::GlobalImpl::saveAllModules('EBox::GlobalImpl=HASH(0xa622098)', 'progress', 'EBox::ProgressIndicator=HASH(0x9c9aca0)') called at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Global.pm line 95 EBox::Global::AUTOLOAD('EBox::Global=HASH(0xa631408)', 'progress', 'EBox::ProgressIndicator=HASH(0x9c9aca0)') called at /usr/share/zentyal/global-action line 3

I've killed my brains out figuring out a way to solve this, I've even re-installed the AD server and the zentyal server, with FW with no FW on both machines, with and without exceptions, network discovery it's enabled in windows 2008.

What shall i try more??

Regards,
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 03:09:29 pm by kral »

kylar

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Zentyal AD sync
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 07:43:32 am »
I have been experiencing the same issue while testing out Zentyal in our environment.

We have an existing Windows Server 2003 Domain controller populated with head office and external staff accounts.
The idea is we have the accounts synced across both AD and Zentyal but have the AD Domain controller service head office and have the Zentyal Box provide email and other services to external users. Other third party systems could then continue to authenticate users from a central location for both sets of users.

I did have a test instance working on an older version of Zentyal (forgot which one) some time ago but now with version 2.2 I am running into this issue.

I am impressed with what zentyal can do but would really like to have my accounts and address books synchronised rather than running Zentyal as a standalone master.

sartori67

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 11:23:39 pm »
Hello,
 I too have the same problem,  Has anyone found solution?
Thanks

J. A. Calvo

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
    • http://blogs.zentyal.org/jacalvo
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 04:10:56 pm »
Could you try upgrading to the last version of the packages that have been just released? This should be fixed now. Thanks!
Zentyal Server Lead Developer

kylar

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 09:21:25 am »
Hi.

I quickly ran up a new Zentyal installation to try again. Before trying to set the AD slave mode I checked to make sure there was no updates under the software Management section.

I had the same problem. The same error once Users and Groups is enabled.

Did I miss something with the updates? (Subscription only or some other method to update the modules I don't know about)

kral

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 01:47:02 pm »
I've tryed.... and the same problem persists

J. A. Calvo

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2011, 10:34:36 pm »
Sorry, it was still a fix pending in zentyal-users 2.2.1, now 2.2.2 has been released and it should finally work now. Thanks for your feedback!

kral

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2011, 12:15:46 pm »
Sorry, it was still a fix pending in zentyal-users 2.2.1, now 2.2.2 has been released and it should finally work now. Thanks for your feedback!

Thank YOU! for your feedback! i've update it and it works like a charm!!!

Tks Zentyal for this correction!!!!

kral

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2011, 05:52:52 pm »
Hello!!

Here i am (again) with some issues!!!

The sync with AD works perfectly, and now i have a Mail server that is the AD Slave and a ldap slave of the Mail server (it works)

So... I have an AD server(win 2008R2) and a AD Slave, where i have the users synced, so i created a mail account for one user that i had synced before and configure it in thunder-bird but i can't authenticate to Mail server (AD Slave)

How can i solve this issue? any ideas?!?!

Tks!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 12:14:38 am by kral »

J. A. Calvo

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2011, 05:16:24 pm »
Did you reset the password for that user before enabling AD Sync on the win2008? It is necessary, otherwise the password does not get transferred to Zentyal.

Anyway, I recommend you to upgrade to the new version of AD Sync for 2.2 (now integrated in the Zentyal Migration Tool) as well as zentyal-users 2.2.3.

kral

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2011, 05:18:31 pm »
Did you reset the password for that user before enabling AD Sync on the win2008? It is necessary, otherwise the password does not get transferred to Zentyal.

Anyway, I recommend you to upgrade to the new version of AD Sync for 2.2 (now integrated in the Zentyal Migration Tool) as well as zentyal-users 2.2.3.

Hello!! tks for your reply... the issue was, bad configuration!!! with TLS you should user user@domain.com and i was not doing it... MY BAD!!!!!!