Author Topic: Stupid Question  (Read 2273 times)

simulatorhck

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Stupid Question
« on: December 22, 2011, 10:01:28 am »
Hi.
I want to run Zentyal server on a virtual machine. I need to access my internal network from the outside (voip, printers and so on)
Internal lan have 192.168.1.X with 192.168.1.1 gateway. Virtual machine can have one or two virtual eth card.
I tryed to configure but the address of the vpn will be 192.168.160.0 so I think no Road Warrior can reach internal shares, printers or voip server...
Is possibile to make that?
Thank you

robb

Re: Stupid Question
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 10:39:01 am »
If you configure VPN the default subnet will be 192.160.0.x/24 AND there will be a route created to the internal subnet. In your case 192.168.1.x/24

What is your external subnet for your zentyal server? Is that adapter marked as external?

ichat

• Zen Hero
  • RTFM!
    • View Profile
Re: Stupid Question
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 03:46:26 pm »
simulatorhck, you need to read the manual from your hypervisor (xen, virtualbox, vmware, hyperv)   as it looks to me that your trying to use NAT to connect your virtualmachine to the network where in fact it would be preferable to use a 'bridged' dedicated network card instead...

this is mostly al just a matter of reading the manual and routing basics. 
All tips hints and advices are based on my personal experience.
As I try my best to be as accurate as possible, following my advice is always at your own risk,
I claim absolutely NO responsibility in any way!