Author Topic: Zentyal 2.2.3 FTP - issue  (Read 4068 times)

vshaulsk

• Zen Samurai
    • View Profile
Re: Zentyal 2.2.3 FTP - issue
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2011, 05:30:29 pm »
HAHA yes this is true.... did not think about this     My clients to not have ssh access to the server.....  All windows small office type setup.  All they need to do is have roaming profiles, ftp, printing, scanning, webmail and VPN options.  They do not have any control ability... just access/and change password functions.

All other features that zentyal offers are controlled by me.

vshaulsk

• Zen Samurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2011, 02:34:26 pm »
I created a test user which has a PAM account.  Unfortunately this did not solve my FTP SSL issue.  I still can't get my clients to log in using filezilla or fireFTP or any windows based FTP browser.

I can log in using SFTP (the ssh one), but that would require me to open port 22 to the outside world and I would rather not do this.

When I use the regular FTP with ssl enabled ..... my client seems to connect, but than I get an error saying that it can't retrieve the directory..... What could this mean???

Does anyone have a working implementation of FTP with ssl enabled...... plus using a windows ftp client like filezilla or fireFTP????

If you do have a working instance than I know it is something on my setup.....  Also does anyone know the command for purging the FTP module install.... perhaps all I need to do is reinstall it completely.

Thank you !!!!

jsalamero

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2011, 11:35:24 am »
FTP doesn't require of PAM system accounts enabled to authenticate (the setting on Users), but internally uses PAM to authenticate.

Probably there is something wrong on your client configuration. Check vsftpd.log, auth.log or syslog for something relevant.

christian

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2011, 11:37:50 am »
The point is that FTP over SSL is not that obvious maybe because of client side issues.
I'm not able to enable SSL with Filezilla neither and when you look at forums, it seems that problem is due to client.

vshaulsk

• Zen Samurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2011, 02:21:39 pm »
I will look at the log files..... however the SSL does not work with FireFTP in firefox either so its not just a filezilla problem.

Maybe I will try a third graphical FTP client and see what happens, but first I will start with the logs.  Thank you for pointing me to the correct ones I need to check !!!! (Sometimes for me that is the biggest issue.... I don't always know what log to look at).