Author Topic: How to Recover from a Disaster? (Documentation)  (Read 2218 times)

3dge14

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
How to Recover from a Disaster? (Documentation)
« on: October 11, 2011, 03:45:11 pm »
http://doc.zentyal.org/en/backup.html#how-to-recover-from-a-disaster

Is this how to outdated?

I tested this on my 2.0 test server using manual duplicity in a terminal, and it did not work. After the process completes, the server reboots, I get to the Zentyal logo, then I get a "Failed to execute login command" after attempting login. Does this method of recovery not work when using LVM? (for / and /home). I do mount the LVM Volumes correctly before restoring as well.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 06:10:07 pm by 3dge14 »

ismaelnoble

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: How to Recover from a Disaster? (Documentation)
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 12:42:35 am »
i too am stuck at this point during a testing recovery...i will continue to grind away at the issue but i bit of help from any knowledgable members would greatly be appriceated. after which i will try to put together a step by step for future reference once i am satisfied with the test and what not.

also i yay my first post. 8)

ismaelnoble

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: How to Recover from a Disaster? (Documentation)
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 10:07:24 pm »
i figured out how to get past the login screen issue on my attempt after much research and a bit o luck. it turns out the error was caused by permissions error on the /tmp directory. this is easliy resolved by logging into tty1 via ctrl+alt+F1 and logging in through the terminal. from there use the following command : chmod ug+rwx, o+rwt /tmp

after that ctrl+alt+F7 and attempt to login normally...
ive still got some more testing to do before i begin putting together a more formal how to on the procedure.

not all processes start durring boot up due to permission issues a little help tracking down these stragglers would be nice ... so far i know the postgresql service fails on startup due do permision denied for a server.key file....or somesuch file....
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 10:14:44 pm by ismaelnoble »