Author Topic: Zentyal 4.0 issues / questions  (Read 1776 times)

sgvfr

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Zentyal 4.0 issues / questions
« on: January 04, 2015, 08:29:53 am »
So, I've been basically locked into version 3.4 due to the modules removed such as RADIUS, which my entire enterprise network was using for Cisco aaa authentication, and I really don't want to add an additional authentication server since Zentyal was supposed to be a replacement for AD.. Which it seems to be less of now.

Anyway, I attempted to upgrade to 4.0 to see if there would be any benefit, after creating a clone of my production server and running it in an ESXi VM.. It seems that 3.5 and onward, LDAP authentication from outside sources does not work anymore.  Also, the LDAP setting page no longer shows the RO / RW LDAP account to bind with.  Is this documented anywhere??  Did the ports also change?  I was able to see in /etc/postfix configuration files contains an account, however i can no longer log in with Apache Directory Studio, nor with any application which I authorize my users such as Joomla(using LDAP over a VPN), my MTA( I prefer to have much more control over my servers than Zentyal supplies)

Has anyone run into this? I hope i am just overlooking something, and another user can help

Thanks

edit::  after  looking through the forum more... I found this on page 19: https://forum.zentyal.org/index.php/topic,22559.0.html  This answered my question on the LDAP bind user.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 09:36:33 am by sgvfr »

robb

Re: Zentyal 4.0 issues / questions
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 04:00:20 pm »
Since Zentyal 3.5 OpenLDAP has been removed from Zentyal and only Samba LDAP is used. Thats why you can't bind to openldap anymore.

sgvfr

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Zentyal 4.0 issues / questions
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 10:27:14 pm »
OK that makes sense.. but now I have another problem trying to authenticate my MTA to Zentyal, previously the schema looked like:

dc=domain,dc=com
  |
   ou=Users
     |
      uid=username  (I authenticate with, zentyal.server:390;uid=username,ou=Users,dc=domain,dc=com)

now it is structured like

dc=domain,dc=com
   |
    CN=Users
      |
       CN={Firstname Lastname}
          |
           sAMAccountName=username

This would work, however, my MTA is very basic for LDAP and seems i cannot search unless I have an exact tree to look into (I'll be moving to a new server sometime this year)

Is there any way you know of where Zentyal stores this is a simple form??

Sorry for the vague information, I've only just begun to work in the guts of LDAP.