Author Topic: Zentyal 2.2 (64bits) installation: FAILURE (can't install software)  (Read 2405 times)

flashbios

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Electronics, Bioschip & WebDesign services
I am trying to install Zentyal 2.2 (64bits) on a system with 1 IDE-harddisk and a working network.
Install (Delete all disks), automatic mode:  after some time it fails: can't install the software...
Sometimes it gets further but the system stops when it's installing Firefox (at 84%)....

I have tried also a mirror, same option.  Different kernel, same problem...

1 time it worked (not sure why), and I had a working system: after this: fresh new installation to see what's happening.
Now I can't get it installed succesfully !   (I am sure the network (DHCP) is 100% ok.

CD checked too by the installation-software: 100% ok, no failures.

Expert mode tried also: LVM and some other things, no luck. 

I hope somebody can tell me what to do ?

I want to switch to Zentyal (from ClearOS), because it's better: but the installation is difficult in this way...

HELP PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 12:37:57 pm by flashbios »

J. A. Calvo

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
    • http://blogs.zentyal.org/jacalvo
Re: Zentyal 2.2 (64bits) installation: FAILURE (can't install software)
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 03:41:33 pm »
This is fixed in zentyal-core 2.2.2 (it was a problem in 2.2.1), which has been just released. The fix was also included in the Zentyal 2.2-1 installer that was out this morning. So, if you try again in any of the ways it should work (but better if you try with the new 2.2-1).
Zentyal Server Lead Developer

arami76

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 01:15:32 am »
I downloaded this a few hours ago and am having the same issue.

Just finished burning the 32bit version and will try that, but I'd much rather have the 64bit version

arami76

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 01:45:23 am »
On a hunch, I replaced the CDROM drive and performed the 64bit install. It went through without issue.

There was no notification about the CDROM being bad and it wasn't. Plus with the original drive it performed all other aspects of the installation other than software. I had assumed it was a malformed APT pointer or URL that was causing the issue since the rest of the install worked.

Just a heads up for others who might have the same issue. Check your media and/or drive.

flashbios

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Electronics, Bioschip & WebDesign services
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 12:46:29 am »
Downloaded and installed the 64bits installer (2.2.1) today: installation worked perfect now !!!  GOOD JOB !!!!!