Author Topic: Traffic Shaping  (Read 2394 times)

mfc

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Traffic Shaping
« on: April 22, 2010, 08:33:13 pm »
Hi this is my first time setting up ebox. Everything seems to work fine except form traffic shaping

I've setup traffic shaping and it's seem that sometime it works and sometime it doesn't. I tested downloading ubuntu ISO file and VLC player. At first the ubuntu seems to be under limit , when I try it again the speed is way above the limit (max adsl speed), VLC seems to be under limit. Then I try download fedora ISO and the speed is at my max. I use Internet Download manager to download all three files and I set the speed limit to 400 kbps (50kBps).

I'm wondering when I set the speed limit to 400kbps, does that mean per connection? Which mean if I use 2 connection to download I would get 800kbps and so on?

Second thing is why sometime it works and sometime it doesn't work at all.

I have 4 WAN setup as load balance

I also notice that in Interface Rate, the default rate is 16384kbps for both upload and download. This is normal right?

Also, as mention before I have 4 WAN input, eth0,eth1,eth2,eth3

but I don't understand why I have 4 listing of eth0, 3 listing of eth1, 1 listing of eth2, and 2 listing of eth3. (please see picture for detail)

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/2924/interface.gif

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

Alda

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Traffic Shaping
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 11:14:41 am »
Sorry for bringing this up but I have the exact same problem.

Fresh installation (Zentyal 2.0 over Ubuntu 10.04.1) 2 WAN interfaces (eth2 & eth4)

When I want to change the interfaces rates I see 2 eth2 & 2 eth4.

Any one knows how can I get rid of them ?

c4rdinal

• Zen Samurai
    • View Profile
Re: Traffic Shaping
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 11:44:40 am »
Just wondering... why not use the latest Zentyal 2.2?