Author Topic: [Solved] Need the GPG key for my Zentyal remote backup.  (Read 1941 times)

batonac

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
[Solved] Need the GPG key for my Zentyal remote backup.
« on: November 30, 2011, 10:22:56 pm »
Well, I successfully managed to crash the file system on my Zentyal company server  :'(  Furtunanly I have been using the backup feature to back it up every night to a remote rsync server, but those backup files are encrypted, and now I don't have the key.

I can use testdisk to find most of the files on the Zentyal hard disk, but the directory structure and file names cannot be restored.  I can search the contents of the files, but I'm not quite sure what to search for to find that specific file.  Does anyone know where that key is stored and what the file looks like so I can search for it?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 05:35:08 am by batonac »

batonac

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Need the GPG key for my Zentyal remote backup.
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 12:45:40 am »
Well, I finally figured out how to restore most of the original files with UFS Explorer.  I would still like access to my backup tho, so if anyone knows the location of the GPG key, I'd be really grateful if you'd share :)

batonac

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Need the GPG key for my Zentyal remote backup.
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 05:34:45 am »
OK, I got everything... the settings are actually in the ebackup.bak folder, found in the files.tgz archive, which can be found in the confbackup.tar, which can be found at /var/lib/zentyal/extra-backup-data